My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how the anti-rattle springs go on the drive clutch disc? This tractor is a worker and I just want it to work without the springs flying off and it seems like with the springs on the transmission side they will fly away. So, if I'm putting them on the engine side, which way do they go: with the loop facing up like in photo #1 and just bend it till it lines up with the hole and put the stud in OR, does it go on like photo #2?

photo #1

photo #2

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm a little confused. Did this post not display properly? The answer to my question should be a common knowledge for Cub enthusiasts(I'm new to them). In the listing for active threads there are two postings that are newer than mine and between the two of them they have a combined 14 responses but my post has none. As I said, this should be an easy question so I'm wondering why nobody has replied? I'm not upset about it, I'm just trying to figure out if my post is displayed correctly since I uploaded my photos with a website I've never used before.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Your post text and pic is OK.

I have never installed those springs, I have heard they are short lived. :dunno:

Toss them in the bottom tool drawer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
none of my cubs have ever had them either,

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for posting this. I have seen this photo online before but it was never large enough for me to be able to see which way the springs go. They appear to be like I have it positioned in photo #1. Boy, that looks like it's going to be fun to put on there. Trying to get all three springs on the posts and bending all the ends over the clutch disc looks like a pain in the a*%.

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
No problem :fing32:! I looked on the 71 for them, but they are not there. I plan to buy them at some point

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I have seen this photo online before but it was never large enough for me to be able to see which way the springs go. They appear to be like I have it positioned in photo #1. Boy, that looks like it's going to be fun to put on there. Trying to get all three springs on the posts and bending all the ends over the clutch disc looks like a pain in the a*%.
Actually, to me, it looks like you are holding the spring upside down, as compared to the manual pic. :dunno:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, to me, it looks like you are holding the spring upside down, as compared to the manual pic. :dunno:
Well, yes and no. The photo shows the springs going on the TRANSMISSION side of the clutch but I've heard from other owners that they can fly off in that configuration. I do have it on the opposite side of the clutch in both my photos but in photo#1 it is held in the same position as it is in the picture from the manual. If you look closely you can see the two arms with hooks that clip over the clutch extending down under the bottom of the drive plate pin and not OVER THE TOP(Sylvester Stallone) of it like in my second photo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts