My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am surprised how low the quick attach is on my 2305? Anyone have problems with them dragging when using a blade?

I suppose they have to keep it low because the driveshaft has to go under the front differential but it sure seems like you would be dragging it in the dirt when using a blade. I would think it might be hard to keep a hitch pin in that large pin that keeps it from rotating.

Anyoine have issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
i've noticed that on my 1023E, seems quite low, however i only use it for my snowblower so it really isn't an issue on my end. I cna see it being a problem if you're using a blade though.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Mine is low but doesn't drag in the dirt with the 54" blade on. slkpk

·
Registered
973 Posts
Mine is low but doesn't drag in the dirt with the 54" blade on. slkpk
This past month I've been digging a water line and drain lines for neighbors son new house. All total guessing 400 ' ++ majority of time I had front blade on instead of FEL to fill in the ditches..Sunday I took blade off and put the snowblower on, forgot that all the time I had was using front blade the lower bracket for driveshaft was hanging down in the dirt... Cleaned the groves out for shafts ,everything connected OK used blower today no problems..
As for bolt I have appx 1/2 or 1" longer bolt than the complete support and guessing it is an 1" dia. ,only have used it when the snowblower is being used 2 years no problem.

·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forgot that all the time I had was using front blade the lower bracket for driveshaft was hanging down in the dirt... Cleaned the groves out for shafts ,everything connected OK used blower today no problems...
You dont have any options anyway do you? I was thinking the lower pin on the quick attach went through the boxed weldment that holds the driveshaft bearings.

I need to go look but was thinking that was how it worked. If thats the case I need to fabricate a dummy box so I can use the quick attach without installing the drive shaft part.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,864 Posts
Interesting, I never really noticed or thought of that when I was looking at these.

That's one advantage that the latest X728/9 and X748/9 have, with their hydraulic front wheel drive. Their front pto shaft actually mounts through a hole in the front axle, rather than hanging under it. You can see what I mean, here: X700 mid-front pto Of course, they have less ground clearance to begin with....

·
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My cousin sent me pictures of the quick attach on his x720 and the quick attach looks shorter and appears it doesnt come as close to ground. Overall it appears the x7 series has more ground clearance than my 2305 when the quick attach is on.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had a 318 with the 54" front blade. Ground clearance was much better than the 2305 Front QH. There was more vertical range too. The 2305 dealer put the carriage bolt pivot with the nut on the bottom. I've already chipped the edge of a concrete slab and the edge of my blacktop driveway with the bottom of the pivot's carriage bolt. Anyone try it with the nut on top of the frame? Seems like you would gain a little more clearance.

·
Registered
973 Posts
You dont have any options anyway do you? I was thinking the lower pin on the quick attach went through the boxed weldment that holds the driveshaft bearings.

I need to go look but was thinking that was how it worked. If thats the case I need to fabricate a dummy box so I can use the quick attach without installing the drive shaft part.
Haven't given this much thought! Two yrs ago when I bought blower and I noticed this I was concerned !! When summer came forgot about checking because I wasn't using the first blade till about 2 mos ago when the neighbors son was having a new house built.... Worst part I had the original adapter and I gave it to my son in law .... Seems like I might be trying to find one or built one..

Lets Go Mountaineers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First and goal 1 yd line...nope now 42-20 1min 13 sec left 2nd qt.
Sorry watching game and trying to answer you !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts