My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran across an ad for what is described only as a "14 horsepower K series, idles perfect, no smoke, $175"..

I assume this is a real good price for such a thing, I have not seen it yet, and I am waiting to hear from the guy.

Any variables I need to know about, or if this is a K321S like my existing, will it just fit? Does the spec number matter much? My existing motor is a spec 60275D, and my tractor is a 1975 model.

I am thinking if this fits, at that price, it would be good just for a spare.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi,

The price sounds good for for a running K321 14 hp.

I'm assuming you're looking at it for a PK replacement engine?
Obvious items to consider:
*Raised 7" dia step on the output side of the engine(to center bellhousing)
*4- 7/16" treaded bolt hole outside of the 7" dia step to mount the bellhousing.
*1 1/8" dia crankshaft x whatever the pk length is(don't remember)
*Oil Pan configuration-There were at least 3 different types for the different mounting in different tractors

If its from a PK donor then all should be good.
If not then verify that it can work.

If I've left something out then someone else please chime in.

Good luck.

chuckbob

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have my Power King near me at the moment...

The guy told me it is a model K321 engine. I asked if it is electric start, and I am waiting for a reply, but can anyone tell me if it is not electric start can I just put my electric start parts on it? He just didn't mention an "S" in the model number. He says his motor is out of a Ford.

Also, thanks for the info chuckbob! I wouldn't be able to measure all that on mine, because it is still in the tractor!

·
Registered
115 Posts
For some reason the fords have an s at the end. I have a k301s in an lgt125. Its the third one of those I've had actually.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi,

If you are not familiar with the differences, I would be wary of buying one.
The "s" typically means electric start. I don.t know what a Ford gt Kohler would be configured as.

Proceed with caution.

chuckbob

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked it out. It is a K321AQS. Oil pan is different. I am thinking I could just move my oil pan over to it. I haven't searched yet, what does the AQ mean?

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
A is for special oil pan
Q is for the quiet line as in cub cadets 1250 1450 1650 that had rubber engine mounts and enclosed panels on the sides of cubs to reduce noise level
S is the electric start

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not take a pic of the whole engine- I should have, sorry. I might buy it anyway, there has got to be a lot there I could use. It definatley has a 1 1/8th crank. And the carb and starter are included.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts