My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the mower deck off my 220 a few years ago to use the tractor exclusively for tilling and plowing. Now I am trying to put it back on and it seems like the belt is short so I am doing something wrong. It appears to be routed correctly and the tensioner is let off. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
I took the mower deck off my 220 a few years ago to use the tractor exclusively for tilling and plowing. Now I am trying to put it back on and it seems like the belt is short so I am doing something wrong. It appears to be routed correctly and the tensioner is let off. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.
Hard to say without a few pictures.
Here are some things to check on...
Be sure the belt is not twisted improperly and be sure it's fitting down in the pulley grooves all the way especially on the engine pulley.
Make sure the deck mule is properly pinned on the snap-fast pins (assuming you don't have an early model GT)
Check to be sure you have the belt tensioner turned the correct way for loose.
Be sure you have the correct belt.
Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the belt that came off it. It appears to be routed correctly. I have it running through all the sheaves except on to of the deck. I can't quite get it on that one. I am curious if there is some trick to getting these things on like releasing the deck, ect. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No real trick just make sure the adjustment pulley is alway the way up. Sometimes on mine I have to start the belt on one side and turn the pulley and it will slip it's self on, kind of like putting a chain on a bike sprocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts