My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LTX 1046 KW
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the correct sub-forum, if not I apologize, someone please correct me and I will repost.

2012 LTX 1046 KW with Cub Cadet mulching blades and mulching plug installed by the dealer June 2012. Used 2-3 months last year on house we just bought. This is our first full season. New England lawn, 3/4 acre. Max slope approx 13 degrees by my measurement with 10ft 2x and spirit level.

Questions :

1. Mowed last night 4½" grass height cutting at 3¾" cut and I left lots of clippings - a lot more than usual. Am interested in getting a set of Gator blades but can't find to fit. Other possible causes I am looking at are :
- Am I mowing too fast ?
- Is my deck clogged with grass clipping preventing the re-circulation - will drop the deck this evening to verify, it looks easy enough in the owners manual..

2. If I shut the mower off it wont start up straight away without a lot of cranking, seems like vapor lock or something to me. If I leave it 20 minutes it is fine. Thoughts ?

3. Traction - I have issues with traction on some slopes - oddly often this is not always the steep slopes, if I stop the mower at the wrong angle or something I cannot get a standing start and often need to back up to a different position first. Could this be tire pressure or something else ?

4. Seat bounce - Going up some of the lawn I get a bit of bounce (I am 170lb's) and this causes the PTO to disengage because it thinks I have left the seat. What am I doing wrong here ?

5. Cleaning - what a PITA! Takes 30 minutes to clean the mower, grass clippings everywhere, any tips ?

6. As the mulching blank is bolted in, can I remove the side discharge chute ? It gets in the way when mowing the edges of my yard, under bushes etc - truth is it is held up with a bungee anyway so I can get in and out of my shed doors.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
278 Posts
1. Mowed last night 4½" grass height cutting at 3¾" cut and I left lots of clippings - a lot more than usual.
It's springtime. Grass is growing thick and fast.
Get a bagger for the fall leaves... use it in spring too.

Once it gets warmer.. then plug & mulch.

4. Seat bounce... What am I doing wrong here ?
You haven't hot-wired the seat switch?

5. Cleaning - what a PITA!
It's Miller time.

6. ...gets in the way when mowing the edges of my yard...
Mow counter-clockwise around obstacles.
Bed edge & mulch around the PITA obstacles.

·
LTX 1046 KW
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

1) MINIMAL leaves on our property

4) is the switch an open contact switch or a closed contact switch ?

6) Yes but I don't like to mow in the same pattern every time as the wheels can make ruts, especially on the turns

1 - 4 of 4 Posts