My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im looking to see if anyone has a schematic or something to see if this tractor has a voltage reg and how the starter solenoid hooks up I got this tractor practically stripped of parts no deck mounts no lever for deck/blade no three point hitch missing wiring pulley for starter ect so if anyones selling any parts reasonably priced i may be interested in the hopefully near future. i got it started using the rope sheave god i love older tractors lol i got it starting first pull idk why someone chose to strip this workhorse of parts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im srry if i seem a bit new but where would i find the number? im missing alot from this tractor and i had to find out from engine manuals its got the hh100 motor becuase the sheet metal was missing

·
Registered
241 Posts
If it's anything like my custom there should be a metal tag on the frame under the seat with the number on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if so im prettty much not lookin too good theres no tags................ crud
like i said this thing was stripped of a good amount of parts idk y they took the tag if they did:banghead3 :banghead3

·
Registered
716 Posts
should be numbers stamped into the engine shroud on the top, the tag on the frame on mine is below the the gear shift toward the seat spring. if it is missing the will be two empty holes about two inches apart

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
basically from what i see im going to need a starter solenoid and ignition switch idk tho do these tractors use a voltage regulator? mines a pre 1971 with the belt starter and the huge generator

·
Registered
241 Posts
basically from what i see im going to need a starter solenoid and ignition switch idk tho do these tractors use a voltage regulator? mines a pre 1971 with the belt starter and the huge generator
If yours is using the belt driven starter/generator you will have a voltage regulator but no starter solenoid.

A generator is simply an electic motor. If you run current to it it will spin. If you spin it from an outside source,(ie by belt from the engine) it produces electricity. The ignition switch determines if current is run to the generator from the battery to start the engine or if the current runs from the generator to the voltage regulator and battery once the engine is started.

Some pictures of the tractor might help us help you.:wwp:

I attached a picture of where my serial number plate is.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah he took my serial plate its official dang it anyways its orange and has a white ....top the hoods missing lol it has the belt start indicating pre 1971 and i now know i need a voltage reg been using the rope start sheave it has on it

·
Registered
241 Posts
1970 Custom 10XL came in orange, the previous years were red, and the later ones had the different starters. Model #917.25470. So you would be looking at wiring diagram C from "Plowthesidewalks" post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts