My Tractor Forum banner

Questions about Loader / Relief valve.

17K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Mike X485 
#1 ·
I found a 45 loader for sale about 5 hours from me. Really wanting to buy it but i have a few questions that the fella selling it cant answer. This loader is removed from a X585. Comes with the Relief valve part number BM15044 and the valve for the X485 that i have calls for BM15043 Is there a difference in the 2 ? I have googled the part numbers and the cost for each valve is the same money. All i can think of is since the X5's are 4x4 maybe a different pressure setting within ? Not sure but i know if i dont have to spend the 150.00 on the valve i wont, But.... I dont want to mess anything up with my hydro running and X5 valve.

Has anyone ever installed the valve themselves ? What all is involved in doing that and the rear cut off valve ?

Thanks for the help. :)

#2 ·
Congratulations! Don't worry so much.

You have to be able to losen one fitting and substitute the valve. Then connect the hose to the outlet from the valve.

Jerry

#3 ·
From the Deere45 loader manual...

IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Clean transaxle before removing valve. Contamination of hydraulic system may cause damage.

MX13498

16. Remove existing free-wheeling valve (J) from right-hand location.

IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Use correct transaxle hydrostatic pressure relief valve.

• Two-Wheel Drive Machines: Use BM15043 (AM121248) which has “2WD” stamped on valve.

• Four-Wheel Drive Machines: Use BM15044 (AM122228) which has “4WD” stamped on valve.

#5 ·
:ditto: 10ford saved me the time. The valve is easy to change, remove the existing one and install the new one. Not sure what JD is referring to, but there are no lines or hoses attached to the valve. By the way I think the price of the new valve is around $240.00 now. :crybaby: :trink39:

#9 ·
Jaredfly, also take into consideration that with the new valve you also need to install a new free wheel valve lever. The original lever doesn't work with the new valve.

#10 ·
I think that Urban Tractor has a great thread about this very subject. I'm posting from my phone so I can't do a search for it right now.

#15 ·
Here's a link to that thread: Optional Components Required for FEL on X700 Series

Jaredfly, the valve you are talking about is the Transaxle Hydrostatic Relief Valve (THRV), not to be confused with the Implement Relief Valve (IRV).

These guys are correct, you need the 2WD valve. We haven't updated that link above to explain this distinction -- I will try to get that fixed soon.

#11 ·
When I installed the loader on my X728 it wasn't bad at all. The relief valve is taller than the existing one, so you need to replace the bar that you lift to move the tractor when the engine is off. The shutoff valve just replaces the elbow in the line going to the bottom fitting I think, either way, its the only one that has a fitting, all the rest have elbows bent into the metal lines going into the quick connects. The hardest part for me was getting the tube in, I had to put a block of wood on the end and use a hammer to get it in, my brother was underneath making sure I didn't catch anything when it was going through.

Good luck,

Adam

#12 ·
Thanks guys, Looks like i am on the right path to getting everything i need to do this install. Special thanks to MikeX485 for the countless PMs with part numbers and advice.

When i get everything on hand i will post some pictures for sure.

#16 ·
Just got off the phone setting up a time tomorrow to pick up the 45 loader. I was told that all parts are included and acounted for. Also included is a new lock-out valve which is on the list of needed parts so that's a plus. Then it comes with the trans relief valve but it's for the x5 so I wouldn't be needing it.

I have part numbers to order the following

M146148 free wheeling lever
BW15043 trans relief valve for x4 series
M806205 shims
M805974 shims

Anything else you pros think I will need ?

#21 ·
A local dealer and our friends at Keeping it Green both said the number has been superceded and is no longer available. The local dealer checked with JD and JD stated there was no replacement and was NLA. I was told the old number BM20911 was in stock at one dealer only. Anyone know the difference between the three kits?

#28 ·
The Number BM20911 was replaced By this Number BM22220 as well

Item Number 4 is Regen Valve Kit(Every thing in Box) BM22220
:thThumbsU

#25 ·
#26 ·
Yes that was the original question i had about buying this loader. I know that it comes with a valve.... But wont work on mine machine because its 2wd. So i'm on the hunt for the correct part when i came across that also. Wonder why one is so much cheaper than the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.