My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a tractor with a loader and it happens that my wife's side of the family has a '77 Ford 2600 (gas) that belonged to her grandfather that I can purchase for a fair price. It has about 450 hours and seems to be in good shape but doesn't have a loader. I don't know much about the 2600's and was wondering if I wanted to add a loader to it what it would take? The tractor is about 5 hours away so it's not easy to take a quick look at. Did they come with hydraulic connections for the loader or would I have to add them? Anything else I should look out for? Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well a good loader will have its own pump that is driven off a short shaft that bolts to the pulley on the front of the engine crankshaft. The loader will have its own built in hydr reservoir, control valves and everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. Shows about how much I know at this point. Any recommendations on brands or places to buy them?

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
If you're looking to buy new, Bush Hog and Koyker are brands that should make loaders to fit the 2600. There may be others as well. Check their web sites to find a dealer near you.

·
Keeper of the bees-Now deceased
2,409 Posts
The newer Ford thousand models have remotes that the front loaders cylinder hoses connect to so remote pumps sticking out the front of the tractor to be protected some how when the loader isn't on are not required.

Look for a used loader at tractor salvage yards. Prices cane very widely depending on condtion and acressorys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts