My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the tranaxle from a 1600 Eliminator be put into a 1468 without a lot of chooping and making over? I looked at a 1600 this morning that was in pretty bad shape. The only good part of it was the hydro and axle.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
26 views and no one has any input. Thanks guys. I think I will try it aways. It will be a good winter project.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
IN my case, viewing but not commenting, simply means I don't have any useful info, so I move on. Sorry, hope it works for you. Anyone who can fab up original looking cooling fan blades can do what you are going to attempt to do with the rear ends.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Not knowing exactly, I cannot say for sure. I am sure it would not be a "bolt in" thing but I would be willing to bet that with a little fabrication any transaxle could fit and work without any issues. If I could ever find a rear and hydro from a GTX20/GT2000 pretty reasonable, I would love to fit it to my tube frame. I think a hi/low rear would really compliment the modifications I have done to my tractor. Plus the addition the Eaton 11 transmission with 800 PSI charge pump would work well with my added power steering. I do not know how handy you are with metal, but I think it would be a doable project and worthwhile...

·
Registered
704 Posts
They are both eaton 11 trannys according to sonny's id chart, but doesn't the 1600 spin backward? If I'm not mistaken, the powerplants on the eliminators are in backwards. Many hydraulic pumps are indescrimenant to rotation, others need to be modified to function properly. It mostly, from my experience which is limited, has to do with lubrication of the seal. Alot of pumps are lubricated from the suction side and reversing the flow might cause the seal to fail. I'm not as good with these as I would like to be so don't rely too much on my comments, but these are some things to investigate.

·
Registered
829 Posts
There is quite abit to do to do a swap.Both motors turn the same direction but the model 1468 is a gear drive model.To put a hydro in it would require alot of mods to the tractor and would not be easy but can be done.If the one you want to mod is a model 1468 it should have a briggs engine and be a 4 speed.Are you sure it is a model 1468?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is quite abit to do to do a swap.Both motors turn the same direction but the model 1468 is a gear drive model.To put a hydro in it would require alot of mods to the tractor and would not be easy but can be done.If the one you want to mod is a model 1468 it should have a briggs engine and be a 4 speed.Are you sure it is a model 1468?

I am 100 % sure it is a 1468. It was the first Bolens that I ever rebuilt, mower deck included. The tranny is geared so low you can mow in 4th with it. It was a sad case when I picked it up last fall now it looks like new and preforms that way also. It does have the orignal 14HP twin Briggs. I just had to put a new rectifer on it. I don't have much use for it now that I have the 4 large frames. My poor JD 332 diesel has sat all summer while I mowed with the 1886.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Is there a reasone you want to do the swap other then the hydro.If i remeber correct the 1600 has u bolts to mount the rearend and the 1468 is bolted to the frame.The frame would be your first problem as the are not the same.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hydro would make it a more desirable mower. If the frames are not the same I will not pursue it any farther. I think that before winter I will give it to my 2 grandsons. That way I will have more room for a more desirable Bolens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts