My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question please.

In looking at new and used JD's I see some listed as Hydrostatic and some Automatic. Seems like people use Hydro for smaller, but Auto for older and larger?

Are all JD riding 500's and below the same transmission excluding locking or beefier? Thanks.

Peace and Blessings

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
There are many different transmissions used from the 500 series and down. Depending on how low you go in model ranges, some are not rated for ground engaging equipment, some have PTO's some don't, some have locking diff's some don't... That's a very broad question since there are so many models from the bottom to the 500 series.

I can not say how anyone using the term "Automatic" is using it, but generally speaking, yes a Hydrostatic drive is automatic, there are no gears in the transmission that require the user to shift to change forward ground speed. A Hydrostatic drive is a continuously variable speed drive where speed is governed by fluid flow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Thanks. That explains it well.

In looking at New and used.
JD new x520 shows Automatic with differential lock
JD new x320 shows K58 automatic

Then there is the used market that shows some more.

I picked up on the K58 and such. I figured they were all Hydro. But then when I looked on JD's site they changed the verbiage so I wanted to make sure. :)

Thank you sir!
Peace and Blessings

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Glad to help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts