My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Been using the FS 131R a lot lately on our new 4.8 acre property. That thing is absolutely amazing. Been trimming a lot of fence lines of weeds/grass that's 3 ft tall or so. Takes it down without bogging. The thing is a BEAST. Recently purchased one of the steel cutter blades for some brush that's pretty thick. Can't wait to try that out.

·
Do what?
61 Posts
I bought a FS90R about 9 years ago. I use it for general yard work, but also for a lot of brush clearing with a couple different cutter blades. I cut up to 4" trees with this thing. The only time in many hundreds of hours of use there was an issue was the primer bulb split. I switched to pure gasoline for all my yard stuff after that. Change the spark plug & air filter every year and keep the head greased, never a hick-up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two years back I was miffed after moving from CT to MA and having fuel issues in equipment I had for 15 years. Ran great until it hit the different fuel and then I couldn't tune or do a thing to keep them running well. Went out to the local place and looked into the Kombi. Figured the 90 size was right for me and talked to the sales person. He asked which attachments I planned on running. Well string trimmer and blower were expected, I saw the bed edge refresher and that sold me on the 130 power head (now 131). I have since added the 135 degree articulating trimmer and other things. I like the kombi a lot and previously had separate pieces. My neighbors love it as well.

I looked up specs on Echo's and a few others before buying. The blower sold me easily. It puts out more than a lot of backpack blowers.
I have the Kombi system as well. Got the straight hedge trimmer and interchangeable string/brushcutter blade system. I've been beating the **** out of the hedge trimmer and cleaned up alot of brush with it. It cuts down half inch branches without a problem. I spray wd-40 on the blade once in a while. I find this system to be great bc you only need to maintain one motor instead of many ones. The only draw back is, one person can only do one thing at a time. Going to look into a backpack blower as well.

Also, my father in law just gave us his MS280 chainsaw as a gift. Runs great and maintained very well.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts