My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Discussion Starter #1
Is Kubota presently makinga garden tractor? And...what is the smallest Kubota with diesel engine available?

Super Moderator
Reactions: MARK (LI)

Registered
I'm sure APin (sp?) will chime in and know more. But they always did have GTs, and they were diesel as well. I'll do some research.

Premium Member
Is Kubota presently makinga garden tractor? And...what is the smallest Kubota with diesel engine available?
You in the market for a small diesel GT Mark?

Discussion Starter #6
I am exploring the options..the Legacy was using more gas than a 1961 Chevy that I put 409 in ..that was about 1970 gas was only about 30 cents a gallon which was a good thing because I only got about 2 miles to a gallon ..it was good for dates....I was always running out of gas in that 馃榿

Registered
I am exploring the options..the Legacy was using more gas than a 1961 Chevy that I put 409 in ..that was about 1970 gas was only about 30 cents a gallon which was a good thing because I only got about 2 miles to a gallon ..it was good for dates....I was always running out of gas in that 馃榿
I don't know your situation, how much property you've got, or how many machines. But wouldn't you find a scut more useful? I'm just thinking, if you're interested in a diesel, and according to that screenshot that I posted earlier what size that diesel is, wouldn't one with just a tiny increase in displacement give you a lot more options? I think the engine in my 2350 is only .09 liters or something like that, so not much larger at all. But it gives you a mid and rear PTO, 3pt, and the option of a loader as well. I know, not everybody needs a scut, but for me it just made the machine a lot more versatile. By the way, I may be selling mine to move to a Yanmar 359C. :)

Premium Member
Mark, do you want something with a loader? I've always had a want for a diesel Kubota GT but couldn't find much on their auxiliary hydraulics or their transmissions. I know many people have reported problems with the glide-steer models.

Administrator- We鈥檙e all friends here
The Kubota GT鈥檚 don鈥檛 have loaders. I don鈥檛 know if another manufacturer鈥檚 loader could be adapted, but I would think the front end might not be able to handle one anyway. The BX is a totally different machine and can handle just about anything, within reason.

Cub Cadet has some nice GT鈥檚 with loader options.

Professional Homeowner
I know you want something smaller than an SCUT, but have you compared the BX18xx to a 鈥渟tandard鈥 GT? Size wise they鈥檙e pretty close, and as pointed out they are more feature laden, 4x4, and loader capable right out of the box. Only downsides are maybe a little less maneuverable and a bit pricier than a GT. Pretty easy to find used, though. Lots of folks sell them used to upgrade to a larger machine.

Those little Kubota T1400 and T1600 (I think) are very fuel efficient diesels, but they鈥檙e by no means a GT. Little 2 cyl Diahatsu diesels in them that sound really cool. They can be had well under $1000. I picked a great running T1600 up for like $300 IIRC about 3 years back. Needed little stuff but overall not bad. I fixed most of the stuff and flipped it for maybe $800 a few months later.

Premium Member

Registered
The Kubota GR series is considered a garden tractor. My neighbor has a GR2120 that looks pretty cool.

Small Engine Tech
I have one of the old T1600 diesel lawn tractors, great for small yards but are plagued with a weak deck design(loves to crack out around the rear roller arms and if the U joint goes, it takes out the hydrostatic pump in short order. The little 2 cylinder Kubota Z series diesel is the jewel under the hood, similar to whats used in APU's on semi tractors. The older G4200/5200/6200 are tanks but hard to find with the rear 3pt hitch, same for the G1900 and G2000 diesels. But all of those are tanks if you can find one in nice condition. I try to avoid the all wheel steer models. I would love to see Kubota step back into the small diesel lawn tractor market, but at the cost these cost, that market is dead and dominated by small ZTR's anymore. I gave $650 for my T1600, had to do a wee bit of welding on the mower deck, but it runs flawlessly other than the shutdown solinoid(brand new), isnt getting the signal to shut it down so I am still using the PO's pull cable to shut down the diesel. Watch Facebook marketplace if you do the whole FB thing, great place to find them in your area.

I'll never get to 10,000

Super Moderator
Glide steer's are Not Garden tractors There really a super Lawn Tractor Kubota Makes some front Mounted shaft driven Implements But Never Made a 3 point or sleeve Hitch for it or even a Tiller actually the first series of Glid steers had a lot is Issues with there steering system . The T229 uses a Hydro-Gear G730 Transmission so it uses a entry Level Garden tractor Transmission The Sub Compact replaced the Garden tractor. The Closest that Kubota Makes to a Garden tractor today would be the 1880 as it Has 24X12 rear tires In turf or AG (y)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts