My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the GTH27V52LS or GTH26V48LS come with rear locking differential? Looking at the Husky website it only lists this on YTHLS models. I find it a little odd that this wouldn't be included on the heaviest duty GT's they make. I am pretty close to going with the GTH27V52LS but I'd really prefer it to have this feature.

:thanku:

·
Orange Mayhem
19 Posts
Do the GTH27V52LS or GTH26V48LS come with rear locking differential? Looking at the Husky website it only lists this on YTHLS models. I find it a little odd that this wouldn't be included on the heaviest duty GT's they make. I am pretty close to going with the GTH27V52LS but I'd really prefer it to have this feature.

:thanku:
The locking differential is only on the YTH24V48LS and YTH23V42LS models and it is a very good feature.

·
Registered
268 Posts
No, it does not have a diff lock,wished it did because I'v had mine stuck.
It would really help out but other than that one time I haven't had an issue with loosing traction,especially after loading the tires.

The YTH has a locking diff but I wanted the ground engaging transaxle. If you are gonna be using it for cutting grass on fairly level ground the YTH would serve well, but from reading posts,if it's hilly or you're gonna be pulling heavier stuff then the GTH would hold up better.

I have the GTH27V52LS and I like it,if you read some of the reviews you'll find some are very disappointing it them but I'm really happy with mine,even thought the brake pedal rattle is a problem but it does not effect the performance at all,just a little irritating.

You need to drive both to see which one.The like how fast the GTH goes,even though I don't cut grass at full speed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't think I was reading that wrong, but that seems odd to me. Seems like you would want that on the heavy duty models. I asked the local dealer about it too and he said at a sales seminar he attended that they had talked about putting some kind of auto locking differential on the GTH line to detect slippage and kick it in on it's own. I am guessing from your replies that hasn't happened. He was going to talk to his rep about it and get back to me.

The only other thing I couldn't tell was if the GTH has a 12V plug anywhere for things like a pull behind sprayer. That is something I'd like to have, I have a lot of roadside to maintain and it gets weedy if we don't spray it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts