My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 year old son bought an older Snapper RER last summer. It had been stored in a barn for about 17 years by the previous owners. He replaced the inner tubes for the tires, but the front left tire won't keep a seal. Where can I find a reputable company to buy wheels that won't cost $100? We probably need to replace the back wheels as well.

Thanks in advance!
Sarah

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
There are some aftermarket companies that sell good quality wheel/tire assemblies,Stens,and rotary,just to name a couple,I've bought a couple from rotary,and have been pleased,they cost much less than Snapper.Several of us have tried the Harbor freight "$5.99" front wheel/tire assembly,but it's quality is too bad,not only do the wheels break,but the tubes rot in less than a year.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Craigslist comes to mind. Most major cities have a version of Craigslist. There is usually someone parting out a RER or letting a not running one go for cheap. Some mower shops especially a Mom & Pops variety may have a mower boneyard they will get you parts from. Put an item wanted add on Craigslist. You may be surprised.

HOPE THESE IDEAS HELP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I lucked out and found some front tires/wheels at the local Orscheln Farm & Home store. I think they were about 25 each, but the bonus was they were already on the new rims. You may look/ask around the local tractor/farm supply stores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts