My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Husqvarna star shaped hub. 586935402. Funky looking, but cheap. 1” hub. Almost too easy. Next hurdle is finding a second hand X500 hitch plate. Versus modifying.
I had the same issue of finding a hitch plate when I was upgrading to the K66 on my X300. Finally I bought a new one from Green Parts Store for around $180.00 plus shipping. Second hand X500 hitch plates are hard to find and even if you find one the asking price is usually north of $100.00. Since my X300 only had 68 hours and since I plan to keep it for a long time, I decided to buy new.

·
X370 Fan
44 Posts
As a follow-up, I never did get a sleeve hitch. I do run 4 suitcase weights directly on the frame and have for 2 winters now with no issues. Really helped with traction on the driveway hill when using the blade to push snow. Also makes me feel more comfortable about having a lower center of gravity when sideways on a slope. I run about 200lbs myself to give you an idea of total weight on the back end. 4 weights does make it harder to use the tow plate for attachments because there is no space to manage the pin. I just lift a weight, do the pin, then put it back on if i want the weights when towing (rare). Also, the weights only have clearance to slide on or off the frame in the middle, so it is a trvivial nuisance to add or remove more than 2.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts