My Tractor Forum banner

Question about F-series Walbro carb

804 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Lawnboy77 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm working on a Lawn-Boy L20ZPRA from 1989 and it has the F engine with the metal Walbro carb. I have a few questions:

1) There appears to be some mesh in the fitting where the fuel line attaches to the carb. It's kind of ragged and uneven. Is that supposed to be there?

2) Does the govenor spring go through that loop in the plastic throttle arm? (I know it's hard to explain what I'm asking).

3) I couldn't get the primer line off so I had to cut it. It seemed really hard and stiff, like plastic. Is this normal? Could I use a generic hose from the auto store?

4) Do you guys run an inline filter?

Your help is appreciated gentlemen.

#2 · (Edited)
Question #1- yes that's suppose to be there, that's your filter, and no I would not think you would need to add another inline filter. If it's mangled I would replace it for sure.

Question #2- without looking at a pick it's hard to understand what you are asking, but I think the answer is yes the governor spring slides through the opening at the opposite end of where the throttle cable attaches. I think I have a pic somewhere in the archives that I'll post to show you how it goes, you are not the only person that has asked that one here. LOL

Question #3- Haven't dealt with a primer Walbro before, but Yeah any old fuel line should work.

Question #4- no I don't run a machine with an add-on inline fuel filter, all the mowers I have already have one installed and I just make sure that one is serviceable. If I had a mower that didn't include one from the factory I would for sure install one though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.