My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the case 195 has a fan on the front of the pto clutch,the parts book shows one but the tractor does not. I also need to tie rod ends are these still available.:thanku::thanku:

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Yes... there is supposed to be a fan on the front of the PTO clutch. The original fan was metal but it is possible to use the plastic one from later models.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yes, the original was metal as castoff noted. I have one left from a 195 I parted. If you are interested in it, send me a pm w/zip and I'll send you a price.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Both of my 1968 195's have a plastic fan and I know they are original, my books show the fan for 1967 and 1968 as having both the same part #.

As for the tie rod ends you can get them trough any Napa store or PM bhildreth of this forum.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
The books at the Ingy site are somewhat confusing.

The fan for the 130/180 shows a part number of 70084. The same part number is used for the 150/190 models. If you look at the early 155/195 models, the part number remains the same as the earlier models and so does the depiction of the fan. This is for the hydraulic brake models of 1967 and early production 1968's.

Then they dropped the hydraulic brake in favor of the twin disc brakes and suddenly the depiction of the fan changes, as does the part number. In deference to CM2, we have to keep in mind something here. Fans are somewhat a disposable part. They get wrecked and must be replaced and after 40 years have gone by plus multiple owners, who can say to a certainty that a fan we see on the tractor is the one it left the factory with?

If a dealer happens to have one type of fan in stock and he knows it will fit OK, then that's what will get installed or sold to a customer. I will agree with CM2 that the depiction for the later 195/155 disc brake models certainly implies a plastic fan when you see the large diameter center hub and short blades eminating from it and the part number of C16616 is the same as the plastic fan used on the later 200/400 models. The earlier depiction shows a totally different fan design that has a tiny center hub with larger or longer blades fixed to it. This design is certainly in keeping with the metal fans we see in use in other applications and we know that metal fans were used in the early years.

To confuse things even further, go and look at the early IPL for the 220, 222 and 442 models for 1969 and try to tell me that isn't a metal fan depicted. The part number has now become C17217 but it is no longer called a fan blade. Instead it is called a "KIT", indicating that you not only get the blade but you also get some other parts with it. I'm fairly positive that a 442 I haven't touched as of yet, has a metal fan on it and it shouldn't have one because it's a 1971 model. I'll have to check that out to be sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Antiqueetc I sent you a pm Iam interested in the fan you have let me know if you get my pm If not I will send you an email.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help with my questions guys everyone has been a big help in this resto project. I have started priming the tractor and will be ordering paint soon still have alot of work ahead and when Iam done I will post new pics of the tractor.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Castoff, I must agree there is a lot of confusion on the fans and it appears that Case may have been bouncing between suppliers. I would also agree the depictions show a metal fan not plastic.

As for the 195 that I used here at my home I would have no idea what came on it originally (certainly it could have been changed) but it is plastic now Serial #9622068, on the other 195 (in my avatar) Serial #9621754 we bought this tractor new on our farm and although it was out of our hands (sold) for about 20 years I always remembered it having a plastic fan.

My 130 has a metal one and my 190 Serial #9606966 has a plastic one, and
I would have no idea if its been replaced.

In the 155 and 195 parts catalog 989 and 997 parts catalog it shows it to be 70084 in parts book 1123 (1969) it shows the part # as C 14494.

It would make sense if my two 195's (a mere 114 tractors apart) are later models and that the plastic fan was standard at the end of the 100 series run and also the replacement part that Case used.

In either case - either fan will work.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
CM2,
I concur. But puzzle me this, Batman. If the world ever gets to the point where these tractors are going to be judged at a show similar to what happens at Pebble Beach and other shows for antique autos, just imagine the arguments amongst the "expert judges".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess it doesnt matter as long as it works, let me ask would fan from a case 222 work there is one on ebay now but not sure if it would work.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Yes, it will work.

I just didn't want you to get carried away by auction fever. I've seen beat up used fans bring $28.00 on e-Bay when a nice OEM new one can be had for about 10 bucks less. We try to look out for one another on this forum.

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
What's the value of a metal early 100 series fan? Can't say I've ever seen one up for sale.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
In the 155 and 195 parts catalog 989 and 997 parts catalog it shows it to be 70084 in parts book 1123 (1969) it shows the part # as C 14494.
The C14494 is sub'd up to a kit, C17217 for replacement parts. Same for the earlier A70084 fan.

The C17217 kit remains available today, at $44.36. I've never had one in hand, but might presume it is the correct spacer and plastic fan with a new bolt.

Brian

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Not much value to me because you can buy a brand new duplicate metal fan from a A/C distributor for cheap and nobody will know the difference....

:trink40:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I found a fan from a good hearted member on here it is a metal one for the case 195 paid 20.00 for it. I thought that was a good deal now if I could only find a gas tank for a kohler 12 hp I will be in good shape.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts