My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
35 views and no comments, :dunno:

For the Roanoke VA area, that seems steep, especially considering the condition.

I am apprehensive of un-maintained equipment anymore, when I was younger I was ready to "dig in" and fix the stuff.

It looks like he really wants you to pay for the equipment, and restore it also.

Ah, spring, it really opens the wallets!! :hide:

If it suits you, and, you have no other equipment, then go for it.

If you are adding to the collection, keep looking. JMHO

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am actually in central Ohio. I wasn't planning on paying full asking price, but wanted to know a good selling price. I've been looking for awhile, but I really don't see too many pop up on craigslist in Ohio.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I would not pay more than $700. Looks well used and having had too many "NICE" projects in the past, they turn out to be time robbers.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
As CADplans mentioned, it's spring time - flowers bloom, birds sing, and equipment sellers dream of stacks of $100 bills. This guy's already said he has plans for investing his sales proceeds - and it's a relatively new ad - so I wouldn't expect him to go below $1000 at this point. I would aim for something around $800-900 - particularly if it runs as good as he says and the attachments are in decent shape. $1000 isn't an outrageous price for this stuff - but as noted, I'm skeptical he would back off that amount.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks everyone for the help! I have arranged to go take a look at the C12 on Monday. What all should I be looking for to make sure I don't get a lemon?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Hey did anyone notice the chute angle adjustment hand wheel on the MA-210? That's different.

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
What all should I be looking for to make sure I don't get a lemon?
I'm far from an expert on kohler-powered walkbehinds. The only one I have is a comm12 that I bought last year for 200 bucks, needing a bit of work.

That said, there are some basics for all the gravely walkbehinds. Do all the transmission controls work reasonably smoothly? In this case, including the swifto? This one's running, so does it start with no fuss and run smoothly? Not burning oil? Do all the attachments turn smoothly? Got oil in it, at about the right levels? Nothing kludged in the electricals?

Gravelys are pretty simple machines. If it looks overall somewhat clean, at least not totally beat, and the attachments are functional, there's probably not a lot hiding in there. I'd add it up this way:

Tractor 3-400
210 blower 200
106 deck 150
rototiller 200
Plow 50
Sulkie ??

So I like 900 for all that stuff. Kip may be right, the guy might not go that low. If it's a little better in person, maybe you'll feel good about paying 1000, or maybe even a little more.

Bottom line, it's not what it's worth to anybody else that counts, it's what it's worth to you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I purchased this setup today. It seemed to be in better condition than the pictures showed. The seller didn't know what the item at the bottom right of this picture was for.

The castered frame thing. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
I believe that's a frame for mounting a 50" deck on the front of a walkbehind.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
Ok thanks everyone for the help! I have arranged to go take a look at the C12 on Monday. What all should I be looking for to make sure I don't get a lemon?
I like to take a voltmeter and check the charging system. Also, with the C12's, some of them had breakerless ignition setups, which personally, I would avoid.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
That's a frame for mounting a 40" or 50" rider three blade deck to a Quick Hitch. They go for about 100 to 200 depending on the tires, bushing condition and whether or not there are any cracks or bends. JRD forgot to mention that there is about $100 worth of deck weights on the 106 (a must for a big block Kohler) and about $100 for the duels and tires. In all, there's about $900 worth of attachments and accessories. Plus, that's a MA-211, 34" snow blower. Pretty rare.

I saw some red parts behind the snow blade. What were they?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a frame for mounting a 40" or 50" rider three blade deck to a Quick Hitch. They go for about 100 to 200 depending on the tires, bushing condition and whether or not there are any cracks or bends. JRD forgot to mention that there is about $100 worth of deck weights on the 106 (a must for a big block Kohler) and about $100 for the duels and tires. In all, there's about $900 worth of attachments and accessories. Plus, that's a MA-212, 34" snow blower. Pretty rare.

I saw some red parts behind the snow blade. What were they?
That's what he listed as the "auger". Turns out its a rotary plow. Which part is the 106 and where do you see the weights? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
The 106 is the round 30" mowing deck. The weights are the two cast iron semicircular pieces bolted to the leading edge.

Ron's right, those are worth something, as are the duals. If you got this whole works for 900, you got a good deal.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Sorry, a 106 is the brush hog. Gravely made several different 30" decks and what most call the "brush hog" is the model 106 (first it was called a Model 601). The deck weights are the two pieces of crescent shaped cast iron bolted to the front of the deck. They were optional are worth about $50 each. I've seen them go for much more on eBay at times.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I thought the 106 was more specifically the gear box?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts