My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night while cutting grass I guess I had the deck a bit low and ran over something, there wasnt any damage to the main yellow part of the deck, however when I pulled the deck, theres a metal thin piece that looks like a half moon that was bent. It was attached to the deck by 2 stainless steel bolts. I took it off and continued mowing. What is the function or purpose for this? I didnt notice on the other side of rear deck. Any help would be appreciated.:praying:

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's an anti-blowout baffle. Last year my wife ran over a tree root and caught it and bent it back. I replaced it, I think it was only about 10 bucks. I think you should replace it, it helps with the suction.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Part# M135563BLE anti-blowout baffle goes to my 48C mower for my GX335. Not sure if you have the same 48 mower for your X540. The way you describe it, sounds like the same thing that happened to me. The description for this part on your mower might be PLATE.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,653 Posts
Are you trying to make your alienate you neighbors? :biglaugh:
Why? Those 540's are sooooo quiet. Of course, it may have looked like a low flying green/yellow UFO with the lights going in circles around the yard. (Close Encounters of the John Deere Kind)

Been so hot this summer, that's usually when I mow my lawn.

How badly was the piece bent? Can you lay it on a hard flat surface and hammer it out?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah its been really hot here too. Getting some relief now. I never got to the point I wanted to mow that late though. I am sure if I had I would have heard about it.

Are you trying to make your alienate you neighbors?
I was just laughing about what I typed earlier. :banghead3

·
Registered
901 Posts
I believe this plate is part of the power flow bagger. If you don't have a bagger, chances are you don't have this plate on your mower.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the bagger, it was bent at almost 90 degrees. My neighbors are @#&*(Y*#@ so I dont mind annoying them plus we will be moving in about 3 years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts