My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
the gt/18?? i talked to him 2 days ago and we worked out a trade + cash. i dunno if thats what he means or not

·
Registered
773 Posts
What are you trading for it?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
He sold it today for cash today.I know somebody else who was interested in it also.Good deal IMO.
:crybaby: i need to talk to him then. seriously uncool. we had a deal all set up. it would have been my 8XL with snowplow, and $100 for it.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
:crybaby: i need to talk to him then. seriously uncool. we had a deal all set up. it would have been my 8XL with snowplow, and $100 for it.
Dont worry hugh. The one thing I have learned about buying tractors is there is ALWAYS gonna be a better deal.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Dont worry hugh. The one thing I have learned about buying tractors is there is ALWAYS gonna be a better deal.
:ditto: still uncool that he sold it!! I have a real nice 16/6 :) Unfortunately I need the cash although I do like you 8xl.... But I really need the cash.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
:ditto: still uncool that he sold it!! I have a real nice 16/6 :) Unfortunately I need the cash although I do like you 8xl.... But I really need the cash.
im gonna put some money into the 8XL, new ignition switch, maybe new spindles and tires, perhaps a plow, sell that, and get a suburban. i would really like a SS12, SS14, or SS15. no more onans for right now :trink40:

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
ss12 and ss14's are growing on me! I like them!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
i want a 70 or later old style suburban. i like that grill better than any of the other ones. and i have heard good things about the single cylinder briggs, so im hopeing for the best

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
im gonna put some money into the 8XL, new ignition switch, maybe new spindles and tires, perhaps a plow, sell that, and get a suburban. i would really like a SS12, SS14, or SS15. no more onans for right now :trink40:
Good idea.Keep you Onan for fun/work and get solid running single too :fing32:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
yea the thing i dont like about the onan is that it will run great one day, then not run the next. rebuilding the fuel pump should solve that problem. but i think having a nice single that can go put put is a nice thing to have. i mean, if the custom was a suburban, i would keep it. i love that thing. amazing engine. but i need another suburban

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
yea the thing i dont like about the onan is that it will run great one day, then not run the next. rebuilding the fuel pump should solve that problem. but i think having a nice single that can go put put is a nice thing to have. i mean, if the custom was a suburban, i would keep it. i love that thing. amazing engine. but i need another suburban
Why do you "need" another Suburban?What's wrong with the Custom?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
when i bought my ss16 it came with a dozer blade, mower deck and snowblower. so i have 2 snow implements. i want two snow tractors, one with the blower, one with the plow. i dont have room in the garage to get a plow or blower for the custom. i want to trade the custom for a suburban so that i can have 2 snow machines and use my implements more

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
when i bought my ss16 it came with a dozer blade, mower deck and snowblower. so i have 2 snow implements. i want two snow tractors, one with the blower, one with the plow. i dont have room in the garage to get a plow or blower for the custom. i want to trade the custom for a suburban so that i can have 2 snow machines and use my implements more
You have no room for your custom,but you will have room for another Suburban???I must be missing something...:fing20:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
i have no room to get a snowplow for the custom. i want get a suburban in exchange for the custom. the suburban would replace the custom

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
i have no room to get a snowplow for the custom. i want get a suburban in exchange for the custom. the suburban would replace the custom
Why don't you sell either you plow/blower and get one for your custom=problem solved.You have your custom and know it in and out.You buy another machine now and you have a whole new machine to get to know and fix ect...

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
well the suburbans, at least the tecumseh powered ones are just larger versions of the custom. having say an ss12 isnt different at all really from the 8xl.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
well the suburbans, at least the tecumseh powered ones are just larger versions of the custom. having say an ss12 isnt different at all really from the 8xl.
I realize that,but if you have a good tractor(and no$)you should just keep it.I have a dozer blade i'll sell you for a good deal.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts