My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since all the attachments I have are for a Suburban (deck, plow, and snowblower) I am trying to trade my 8XL for a running Suburban. Well I was searching craiglook, and something comes up. A GT/18 Hydro. 1978, Onan Twin. I clicked on it because its kind of unusual and I wanted to see what kind of condition its in. Guy say its runs, needs tlc, comes with a deck and blower. Okay. Then I look where it is. HARTFORD, CT!!! 25 minutes away!!! I emailed the guy and am eagerly awaiting a reply.

Heres the ad: http://hartford.craigslist.org/grd/1929231871.html

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have a 1979-80 gt18 Tecumseh. I'm pretty sure that the suburban style attachments will work with this tractor.

Good luck

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 1979-80 gt18 Tecumseh. I'm pretty sure that the suburban style attachments will work with this tractor.

Good luck
oh they will. all suburban attachments work on all suburban tractors :fing32:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa! Nice find Hugh, I don't see the hydro GT's much anymore. Keep us posted!
yea i have a ton of stuff to trade him. i will fatten the deal as much as possible to get this thing. i would love to blow snow with it

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
hugh, dont let me down on the tractor. lol
Oh and about the S/G
I can wait.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i should have it in the mail tomorrow. just sold some stuff today so i have money to ship it. hopefully going to the post office tomorrow

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
i should have it in the mail tomorrow. just sold some stuff today so i have money to ship it. hopefully going to the post office tomorrow
Really hugh? Thanks!
Now it might be here buy this week end.
And before my tractor show I am going to.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really hugh? Thanks!
Now it might be here buy this week end.
And before my tractor show I am going to.
going to the post office in a bit. i doubt it will make it to you by the weekend, unless you want me to get overnight priority (?)

anyways, about the gt18. i got an email back from the guy selling it, and he wants to talk to me over the phone. so i havent been told no yet lol

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
going to the post office in a bit. i doubt it will make it to you by the weekend, unless you want me to get overnight priority (?)

anyways, about the gt18. i got an email back from the guy selling it, and he wants to talk to me over the phone. so i havent been told no yet lol
I ment the weekend after this weekend
But how much would overnight cost me?
OH and could you PM me your phone number.
I can call you using Gmail. there is a new feature
and it costs nothing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually the ad says Plymouth CT, and if I remember right your in the north east corner of the state, more like an hour away. I saw that one too, looks good, needs a seat upgrade though.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update on the deal. called the guy, had a nice talk. turns out the thing hasnt been used in 25 years! he said he replaced the carb and tuned it up and it runs mint! the snow blower, and 2 mower decks havent been used in 25 years either. he has chains for it, as well as boxes and boxes of parts including coils, points, plugs, gaskets, rebuild kits, and new pistons!

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
update on the deal. called the guy, had a nice talk. turns out the thing hasnt been used in 25 years! he said he replaced the carb and tuned it up and it runs mint! the snow blower, and 2 mower decks havent been used in 25 years either. he has chains for it, as well as boxes and boxes of parts including coils, points, plugs, gaskets, rebuild kits, and new pistons!
I hate you now. lol
talk to me and bill please?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually the ad says Plymouth CT, and if I remember right your in the north east corner of the state, more like an hour away. I saw that one too, looks good, needs a seat upgrade though.
yea i saw that its in plymouth. but initially, the fact that it was in hartford craigslist meant it wasnt far away

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you get it pm me and I will send you a manual for it.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks skippy!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
skippy, what size decks came on the gt18's? did they have the 42 as an option or was 48 the standard

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think 48 was standard with the hydro's be cause if you reverse the wheels like I did, the deck wheel rubs on the tire. However I just bent the deck wheel bracket a little because I don't have a good 48in deck.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AWESOME! if i get this gt18 it will come with 2 mint decks. i hope they are both 48

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't know what size deck was "standard". I did however recently but a GT-18 (Tecumseh) with original sears paperwork and a 42" deck. I know that both were available for these tractors.

Good luck with your find!

Mark

1 - 20 of 112 Posts