My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres a question i have a k241aqs in my cub cadet 1000, i have the K341aqs that needs a carb and a little tlc but the question is that are the carburators the same and can i interchange them

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
In short...NO.

IIRC, the 10HP Motor will have a 26mm Carb bore, while the 16HP Motor will have a 30mm Carb bore.

·
Registered
678 Posts
RBedell remembers correctly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well thank you RBedell and weaverama for the help i guess i will try and savage the carb or get anew one:thanku:

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
What's wrong with the carbs? Usually it's a simple fix - a rebuild kit and a throttle bushing.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I agree, the carbs are easy to rebuild, Probably cheaper in the long run. Most carbs you will buy used will have the same issues that yours has... BTDT.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
You can even buy that bushing from a hardware store - in my experience, almost all the vintage Cubs have some slop in that throttle shaft. Replacing it alone makes a world of difference.

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
You can even buy that bushing from a hardware store - in my experience, almost all the vintage Cubs have some slop in that throttle shaft. Replacing it alone makes a world of difference.
I think at Ace Hardware? Now where did I read this at?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts