My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I finally got time to clean the tree mess up in my yard. Ive been working on it slowly by myself since spring. Without the right equiptment it made the job difficult! I had a crappy chainsaw, and a garden tractor to cut, split, and move 2 150ft tall pines and 2 maple trees. Then I got smart, saved some cash and bought a good saw, a farmall A, and went to town! That little Farmall is very impressive. I've pulled out bushes, smaller trees, pulled a 50ft pine log sideways so i could cut it easier. It was a good investment for me for only $800. When Im done working the farmall hard, im gonna restore it! Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd say your investment has paid off nicely, that's a good loookin' tractor for $800. Enjoy it...

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
My A doesn't look nearly so good, but I am considering a rebuild, will restore it for use, not as a show tractor. It belonged to my father, and I used it a lot when I was younger. An American made rebuild kit alone is around $400 bucks, and I'll also need a radiator, manifold, and a few assorted and sundry cultivator and plow parts, tires, gas tank, and a little paint. I intend to use the tractor in my garden, and cannot see myself going to the lengths of restoration to better than new condition, as most folks do a restoration nowadays. But, all mechanicals will either be replaced, repaired, or at the least, checked. I am not certain that I would take $800 for it in its present locked engine state.

·
Newbee Puller
12 Posts
There was a time, years ago, when i left the farm and started out on my own. there was only one short.....or should I say LLOOONNNGGG year I didn't have a tractor.

I could not do anything outside that I dint need a tractor for! now they are outside everywhere I (I thank my wife for putting up for my tractor hobby)

Man once you have a little tractor around, you wonder how you lived without it!

Thats a Nice little Farmall BTW.
Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts