My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is giving me a 46” snowblower off of his 425 machine. He is also giving me the quick hitch which I know will work on my machine. I have an x485. What parts do I need to get this to work? I got the hydraulic retrofit kit. What mid to front PTO shaft will work? Deere site is conflicting. Also will the short implement shaft off the 425 work? Do I need a lockout valve? Part numbers on all would be appreciated. Again, Deere site is conflicting so real life experience would be helpful.

Just looking for some helpful information to get this to work on my x485.

·
Super Moderator
25,860 Posts

·
Shacker
723 Posts
Similar to what I just did for a friend of mine. He had the 47” blower and I was putting it on an X585. We used his quick hitch from his 425 which is identical to the X series. I had to change a couple of fittings on the lines and run the lines for the chute control out the right side (if sitting on the tractor) of the plastic cover. For the shaft, he had to buy the kit to run it through the front axle and it came with the correct shaft, so I’m not sure if you can use what you have, or need to get a different length one. I probably would put everything together with what you have before going out and buying something you may or may not need. Deere seems to be pretty good about getting parts to their dealers in a reasonable amount of time. Someone will probably chime in with exactly what you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The quick hitch from a 445 will work on an X485. A quick hitch that is made for an X series will not work on a 445. I have an X485 and found a quick hitch from a 445 and works without a flaw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you located, I am not using my X485 with the blower, so I have the long shaft laying around collecting dust.
Donnner1954, I live in Rhode Island (New England area). If located nearby, I would gladly offer you some $$ for it. They charge $350 at the dealer for it.

I know you can do a 46 snow thrower (1 stage) or a 47 snow blower (2 stage) on the x485. There posts on here of people taking a 4x5 hitch and 46 snow thrower and putting it on x series (in my case a x485). No one offers part numbers on what they used to do it in their posts! LoL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The quick hitch from a 445 will work on an X485. A quick hitch that is made for an X series will not work on a 445. I have an X485 and found a quick hitch from a 445 and works without a flaw.
There is a great video on YouTube explaining all that. How an x series hitch is not backward compatible. That's why I can take the hitch off my friend's 4x5 and put it on my x485. Thank you for your input!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts