My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's uncle figured he would take advantage of the nice weather today and bring over his splitter to split some large oaks that we had cut down and cut up in the spring. Of course I couldn't leave the X500 out of the fun. My son even got his little John Deere out to help haul some wood.

The X500 didn't mind pulling the splitter at all even though it was the wrong colors (Cub Cadet). =) The Hitch N Post worked great.

That old freebie trailer has taken a lot of abuse but it keeps on going. I really need to find a larger one.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Great shot of the X500 at work.:thThumbsU I bet it didn't strain a bit but it looks like your trailer has seen some better days. Time for some reinforcing.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Looking good, that trailer looks like it is bending outward from the logs LOL.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Nice GT!! It probably pulled that like it wasn't there.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good, that trailer looks like it is bending outward from the logs LOL.
Yeah I got the trailer for free after it sat in a barn for at least ten years rusting away. The Green and yellow paint plus new tires gave it a little bit of a new life but the back end of it is in really bad shape. My neighbor has a welding shop so I'm thinking of having him replace bottom and fix reinforce the sides.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Cool, I got a trailer like that too, the PO used it to haul his welder behind his car so it had a really long tongue (so he could see it in the rear view mirrors) that made it useless in the woods. It died last year when the axle broke off of the body.:banghead3

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice GT!! It probably pulled that like it wasn't there.
Yup, pulled that load uphill no problem at all. Too bad I can't say that my back didn't notice anything when I was picking up those logs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yup, pulled that load uphill no problem at all. Too bad I can't say that my back didn't notice anything when I was picking up those logs.
Hi Albertj3 - where are you in Maine? I have family in Arundel.
Great looking tractor!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Albertj3 - where are you in Maine? I have family in Arundel.
Great looking tractor!
I'm near Saco which is just up RT 1 from Arundel. Small word

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep giving it a light workout! How'd the small one handle the logs?
That little tractor is great, it goes through everything. My son was pulling that little trailer full of wood all over the yard for quite a while until the battery started to wear out.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks like you could use Johnny bucket on the front end. slkpk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice tractor. They are a workhorse!!!!!!!!

Gotta get my grandson one of those little deeres!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like you could use Johnny bucket on the front end. slkpk
Yeah, I sure could use a Johnny Bucket. I could also use the $1,200+ that one costs. Let me know if you want to donate a Johnny Bucket to me. :thThumbsU

What I really need is a 4WD tractor with a FEL. All in good time I guess.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hey albert,

Were did you get the HDAP's for the front? I asked my dealer and he said they dont make them for the the X500?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Great work pics. Thanks! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey albert,

Were did you get the HDAP's for the front? I asked my dealer and he said they dont make them for the the X500?
The front tires are Carlisle X-Trac's which are typically used on small ATV's. I've also seen them on snowblowers too. The previous owner had two sets of wheels/tires turfs for mowing and HDAP's for snowblowing. I think he put the X-tracs on to help with steering in the snow.

Do a Google search for them and you'll see a bunch of sites to buy them from.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts