My Tractor Forum banner

141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
2,666 Posts
Among other nice things to look at on that machine, it must be great to look down and see no cracks or wear on all the hydraulic hoses 👍

·
Administrator
13,729 Posts
Hey Austen, it looks good, sounds good and drives good. You can't do better than that. (y)

·
Administrator
16,765 Posts
Can only say one thing - Wow. No, better make that WOW!
What a trip. Don't know how I ever missed this but just read through the whole story, and what a story it is. All the elements of a best seller. The search, finding the holy grail, and then the battle against overwhelming odds to bring it home. The delaying skirmishes along the way as friends help to move things along with their support.
And finally after years of waiting, the uniting of a man and his tractor.
Star Wars - Move over!
Just one question. What are you gonna do for a sequel?:devilish:
Congratulations.
MikeC

·
Super Moderator
26,422 Posts
Austen, congrats on getting it home! All I can say about video's is practice, practice, practice. Same thing with audio and I've had to re-record audio sometime 10 or more times to get things just the way I wanted.

·
Super Moderator
11,123 Posts
Austen, your tractor and FEL turned out FANTASTIC! Just catching up, I'm impressed with the amount of modification done to the tractor, and the FEL is the nicest I've seen. Not a detail was missed. And quick connect/disconnect puts it completely over the top! The reinforcement plate that you had built in Sweden turned out so well, and was another great idea.

As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. That is certainly the case here. What a tractor! Start doing your snow dance.:)

·
Premium Member
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
Nice job all around...the arc in the loader arms is a really nice look
Thank you, I think it's a pretty unique design too!

Who, Hooo, that is a fine looking machine, Austen, i bet it felt good to finally take ownership of it!
Thanks, Mike!

Among other nice things to look at on that machine, it must be great to look down and see no cracks or wear on all the hydraulic hoses
You have a good point, thanks Mark!

I’d be a bit nervous (and excited) if I were in your shoes. We understand.
Congratulations on the journey so far

Thanks again for following along, Scott. It's been a long journey!

Hey Austen, it looks good, sounds good and drives good. You can't do better than that.
Thanks, Al. Thank you for following along.

Can only say one thing - Wow. No, better make that WOW!
What a trip. Don't know how I ever missed this but just read through the whole story, and what a story it is. All the elements of a best seller. The search, finding the holy grail, and then the battle against overwhelming odds to bring it home. The delaying skirmishes along the way as friends help to move things along with their support.
And finally after years of waiting, the uniting of a man and his tractor.
Star Wars - Move over!
Just one question. What are you gonna do for a sequel?:devilish:
Congratulations.
MikeC
Ha ha, thank you for the reply, Mike!! Star Wars... now that's quite the comparison! You're far too kind. I almost have to go back myself to reorient myself. There's been a lot of twists and turns!

Regarding a sequel, boy, not for a very long time! My head is tired after this one and I was just the orchestrator.

Austen, congrats on getting it home! All I can say about video's is practice, practice, practice. Same thing with audio and I've had to re-record audio sometime 10 or more times to get things just the way I wanted.
Man, tell me about it!!

Thanks, Tim.

Austen, your tractor and FEL turned out FANTASTIC! Just catching up, I'm impressed with the amount of modification done to the tractor, and the FEL is the nicest I've seen. Not a detail was missed. And quick connect/disconnect puts it completely over the top! The reinforcement plate that you had built in Sweden turned out so well, and was another great idea.

As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. That is certainly the case here. What a tractor! Start doing your snow dance.
Thanks, Dave! Hopefully snow soon!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Congrats at FINALLY getting the tractor! Looks well worth your struggles with bulkhead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,693 Posts
Congrats at FINALLY getting the tractor! Looks well worth your struggles with bulkhead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto! I really dig the tractor Austen!

·
Premium Member
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Thanks Eric, although you forgot to sign the hood after your adventure with it! ;)

Ditto! I really dig the tractor Austen!
Thanks man!

·
16,275 Posts
Very nice and good design on that loader--Austen, I know you are one proud puppy. WE are duley impressed! Ah--to be young again--and have something like that..

Pinch yourself--it's real.

Take care and come back see us from time to time-
glenn

·
Premium Member
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #160 (Edited)
Thank you, thank you, guys!!

Yes, I do have to pinch myself.

Thanks, guys!! I'm still in disbelief that it's finally here. I am careful with all my machines but this one I feel requires extra attentive care as if it were a person in some ways.

Well here's a series of updates. The biggest thing for me with a new to me machine like this is just getting acquainted and finding my way around it. That very much has been the occurrence this week.

New radiator hoses.... aka meet "radiator hose guy"

The lower radiator hose was swelled and needed to be replaced. I would ideally, of course, like to find a factory replacement. I've been trying to find one and asked those overseas such as in Sweden where the HDT is more common if the part numbers are still available but have yet to hear back from anyone. They are not available that I can find (yet anyway) in the U.S. In the meantime, I had to find a solution. I think the guys at my local NAPA nicknamed me "radiator hose guy" as I went in there almost every day this week after work. I went treasure hunting in their rad hose inventory after work for close to an hour on Monday, bought a couple close matches and tried another store. I trimmed down some close alternatives but there has to be at least a little give for any of these to work and there just isn't until they immediately kink. I spent hours online going through auto parts stores' online inventories, ordering them, picking them up the next day only to return them the next... aka "radiator hose guy." Anyway, I had to resort to a flex hose for the time being for that lower one. Unless I want to park the machine and hope someday that I can find an original lower rad hose (which I will continue to pursue), this alternative works in the meantime.

While I had the machine drained of coolant for a week, it allowed me to do a few other things.

Oil/ filter change

She was due for a change! She even quieted down some after the new oil, do love that Amsoil. In an upcoming video I'll go over some of these brackets, but the HDT has all these small to medium sized brackets around the sides near the engine. I began unscrewing the filter and.. stop. This small bracket with the arrow above is a flywheel guard I believe. Anyway, like I said above, I'm just learning my way around the machine and this is a prime example! Next time, I'll know to remove the small bracket before unscrewing the oil filter and making a mess....

New coolant

Alright, let's get to some fun stuff.... ;-)

Seat

Take your pick....

WINNER!!
:worshippy1:

3-Point hitch

Wheels

Ah, yes, the wheels. You knew they might make a reappearance somewhere...
:D

Well, that's it for now. Some teaser pics here and there maybe until the next update. I'm going to order a couple new things for it like headlights and she should be all ready to go for snow removal- one of my favorite things! It got here right in time!
:thumbs:

141 - 160 of 170 Posts