My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll,

Tuesday I picked up this Groundsmaster as part of a package deal, $400.00 for it and a 116 JD. The engine in the Toro runs like a champ but the input shaft for the transmission snapped in half. I looked it up online and the shaft is available but the latest price is $557.00 OUCH! I hate to part it or junk it, the man had just rebuilt the deck last year with all three new spindles and new gearbox, and for a 1980 (I think) it is really clean, does anyone happen to have a parts one laying around?

Here are some pics of the old girl:

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Do you have pictures of the pump? Other mowers might have used the same pump.

·
22,346 Posts
Do you have pictures of the pump? Other mowers might have used the same pump.
:ditto:

You may be able to buy the whole pump on ebay for less than $200 and just swap it out. What make is the pump? Even a description might help.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pics of the pump:

Here is where the input shaft broke:

The ID Tag on the pump says:

90-1093 LH
05-UE 17670

Thanks,
Joe

·
22,346 Posts
Sundstrand Series 15, "U" configuration. Sometimes referred to as the Sundstrand 90.

http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/stellent/groups/publications/documents/product_literature/bln-9646.pdf

The pics show it upside down compared to how it is applied in several JD and other makes of tractors. The 2 ports at the bottom front may or may not be there on the GT versions, but they are on the bottom (or top, depending on how you look at it). These hydros don't care which way they are oriented, as long as they get oil to the inlet.

Search "hydrostatic transmissions" or "hydro transmissions" or "Sundstrand transmissions" on ebay.

·
22,346 Posts
Note: The GT's usually have splined shafts. If your machine has a straight, keyed shaft you may have fun adapting it, but they should be interchangeable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts