My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Tractor Guys,

I have a BX24, which has about 23hp and is about 4' wide. I'm looking at buying a pulverizer, which is also known as a yard tool.

My question is ~ Can my tractor handle a 60" pulverizer or should I go with a 48"? The salesman recommended a 48". The 48" from Everything Attachments is $778 (free shipping). A local implement dealer has a new Leinbach 60" for $695 plus tax at 7% equalling $743. The Kubota dealer will sell me a Woods 48" for $1225 or the Woods 60" for $1350.

I've never used one of these and think it will work well for my needs. I can't find hardly any used pulverizers in central Indiana. The ones I have found are larger or already $600+. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
I would first consider the weight your tractor can pick up with the 3 pt hitch.
If I'm correct your tractor should be able to handle the 60" pulverizer.
Did the salesman give you a reason that you should go with the 48"?

On second thought the 48 would be better. This works like a boxblade and the 60" might be a bit more than you have horse power for.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said that the width of the implement would be wider than the tractor and would make a 4' easier to manuever. I think the weight wouldn't be a problem.

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Is the tractor a 4 wd?
Pulling a 5ft boxblade is a chore for some tractors of that size.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it's a 4WD with a front end loader. The 5' pulverizer weighs 507 pounds. On the advice of some MTF friends, I bought a 4' box blade. I wasn't sure if using a pulverizer would be as heavy as a full box blade.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a used 4' Gill and it works great. I have to have it in 4WD.

I got a great deal on the pulverizer... Craig's List can be really good.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just used a Frontier 4' pulverizer with my 2305 this past spring,
preping the ground for new grass.
I would not want to go any bigger. There were times, it made the
2305 grunt. 2305 is 24hp.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts