My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your pictures of your pulling tractor! Any year, make, or model as long as it's a pulling tractor! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for posting!! :greendr:

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Heres some on the cheaper end of pulling.
My '69 Suburban 12 bone stock with 26x12x12 Tru Power tires and wheelie bar

My '72 New Holland S-8 with 14 hp briggs. 23x10.5x12 ag tires

My brothers '68 Super 12 stock with stack, ags, and wheelie bar

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Question for you SST..... Sitting that far back on the sear doest that unload the ag's and hurt that pull? Looks to me like your putting more weight on the wheelie bars and not on the drive axle like that.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
these are from a few years ago, i think i was 10 or 11. im 15 now.

124 cub, completely stock

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
1975 power king 1614

i pulledthe big sled about 25 feet. my cousin who was 9 went about 30. i went first and then he went with a faster gear. other than having 26-12x12 it was stock... and its what mows the grass

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
1952 tiger 883

only got to do one pull with this as it would have carb problems at the pulls but was fine at home. with the pozzy i had to keep looking behind me to see if it was still hooked up! completely stock

Attachments

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
1952 tiger 883

only got to do one pull with this as it would have carb problems at the pulls but was fine at home. with the pozzy i had to keep looking behind me to see if it was still hooked up! completely stock
you pull where i use to pull... at the farmers museum (spelling) i know one of the guys in your pics the tall older guy

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet tractors everyone!!!!!! Keep the pictures coming!!! Those are truly some awesome tractors!!!! :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
these are from a few years ago, i think i was 10 or 11. im 15 now.

124 cub, completely stock
I am 13! This is the first time I have found someone else on here around my age! You have some awesome tractors!!! :greendr:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I am 13! This is the first time I have found someone else on here around my age! You have some awesome tractors!!! :greendr:
thanks, there are many young people one here. hugh SS/16 is probably the best known, pretty sure hes 16.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
you pull where i use to pull... at the farmers museum (spelling) i know one of the guys in your pics the tall older guy
cool! yep thats the place. if i seen your face i might recognize you. for some reason i cant remember his name but he was a cool guy and always did the scale. do you still go? is kevin still running it or did somebody else take over? when i stopped there weren't many people that went anymore, are there a lot of people now?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Heres some on the cheaper end of pulling.
My '69 Suburban 12 bone stock with 26x12x12 Tru Power tires and wheelie bar

My '72 New Holland S-8 with 14 hp briggs. 23x10.5x12 ag tires

My brothers '68 Super 12 stock with stack, ags, and wheelie bar

Wow I see alot of safety hazards you might want to re-think your wheely bar height and were the hitch is

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
cool! yep thats the place. if i seen your face i might recognize you. for some reason i cant remember his name but he was a cool guy and always did the scale. do you still go? is kevin still running it or did somebody else take over? when i stopped there weren't many people that went anymore, are there a lot of people now?
i have no clue honestly i havent pulled down there in 6+ years i plan to this coming year just to see old friends... and thats bert... really nice guy

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i have no clue honestly i havent pulled down there in 6+ years i plan to this coming year just to see old friends... and thats bert... really nice guy
yep, i remember now. he didnt say much but hes a smart guy and exreamly nice. i had the name ernie in my head. there was a guy who looked just like him just a little shorter. i think his name was ernie, but anyway the first time we brought the power king he threw a fit about how big the tires were. yet he had an older power king he pulled with that had the same tires.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Wow I see alot of safety hazards you might want to re-think your wheely bar height and were the hitch is
i agree, the sears look like its about to flip. when we made wheelie bars we would jack up the front to the highest spot we wanted it to go and make the wheelie bar so it would touch the ground and it would be that hight.

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Yeah the orange one was a little scary but perfectly safe, but thats what i made it that high for, was to pull a nice wheelie and give a show, as for my brother's blue sears, that wheelie bar is very secure and up to specs for the tractor pulls at the tech center the school puts on, just moved the hitch point up to put more weight on the rear wheels, and we know how to ride the wheelies so why not give a little show for the crowd.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
yep, i remember now. he didnt say much but hes a smart guy and exreamly nice. i had the name ernie in my head. there was a guy who looked just like him just a little shorter. i think his name was ernie, but anyway the first time we brought the power king he threw a fit about how big the tires were. yet he had an older power king he pulled with that had the same tires.
yea.... same way as it was when i left pulling down there

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
At most pulls its a 13 inch limit for the hitch, they do that for a reason. That's deffinetly higher than 13 as your doing the wheelie. I just looked at your pics again to see how you hold on and if you slip off the steering wheel your going to fall in between the sled and tractor, you would get seriasly ingured or possibly killed. Another thing is you have your hand on the fender, there's not alot of room between the tire and fender, get your hand stuck and your bound to let go off the wheel and fall off. If your going to hang off I strongly sugest putting some good handles on there. I have also seen pull cords like treadmils have, you should put one of those on so if you fall off you dont have a runaway, and the tractor will stop cold so you don't get squished. What if you blow a tire? Break an axle? Blow the engine? Blow the tranny? The pull chain breaks? All of these could lead to serious ingury if you loose your balance and fall off. Take this into consideration and let your brother read this over to see what he thinks.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts