My Tractor Forum banner

Which tractor will pull the most dead weight? All with turf tires, no weights on clay

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no weights, hook level with the axle, no special tires. just pure dead weight on hard packed clay

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Re: poll test

that's all the choices or that's what you have access to? :)

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

all the choices, the ss16 is mine, the rest is my competition

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

I know nothing about pulling, but under those conditions would a hydro be the best since you could "ease" the throttle and try not to spin? I dunno???

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

last year it came down to the 107 and a bolens 1050, so its anybody's guess

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

is the bolens a hydro? Funny a 10HP hydro would be in the finals.... might be all in the drivers touch.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

the bolens is geared. i think this year it will come down to my ss16 and the 582

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

what 582 is it? kohler or briggs? Kohler hopefully....

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

kohler i think

its white and yellow and says 582 hydro on the hood. i dunno that much about it

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

ya, the 582 special had the briggs. How much weight are you pulling? starting at XXX and moving up?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

ya its a water tank on a pallet.. we need to pull it 3 feet to be a good pull.. whoever pulls the most wins

·
Registered
933 Posts
Whats the weight limit for tractor and driver? If its just stock, with no added weight, the heaviest tractor/driver combo would win, in my opinion. If limited, I'd think a hydro would win. Without knowing any variables, it's kinda like asking "how long is a piece of string?". Either way, good luck!! Represent the Sears/Craftsman community!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't know of any 582 hydros, they were Briggs 16hp engines with straight gear drive. The Specials had that peerless rear and were no good for pulling. Now, how about an 1806 Cub with the M18 Kohler and gear drive. Even with the aluminum rear end it had to be a pulling SOB.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
How many gallons in the water tank, and are their any weight/ engine restrictions?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
only rules are this:
no duals
no tire chains
wear a helmet
wheel bars

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
ha ha.... thats not much for rules..... i'd start putting weight brackets and buy a bunch of barbell weights and make it heavy as heck... unless they have it where its one set of wheel weights or something like that.... then it comes down to driver

·
Registered
277 Posts
So you can add all the weight you want? If there's no limit to weight then I would get me some lead...

Matt

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
according to their rules from what hugh says there isnt....

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Says right in the poll title, "no weights";)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts