My Tractor Forum banner

Which tractor will pull the most dead weight? All with turf tires, no weights on clay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no weights, hook level with the axle, no special tires. just pure dead weight on hard packed clay

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Re: poll test

that's all the choices or that's what you have access to? :)

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

all the choices, the ss16 is mine, the rest is my competition

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

I know nothing about pulling, but under those conditions would a hydro be the best since you could "ease" the throttle and try not to spin? I dunno???

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

last year it came down to the 107 and a bolens 1050, so its anybody's guess

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

is the bolens a hydro? Funny a 10HP hydro would be in the finals.... might be all in the drivers touch.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

the bolens is geared. i think this year it will come down to my ss16 and the 582

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

what 582 is it? kohler or briggs? Kohler hopefully....

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

kohler i think

its white and yellow and says 582 hydro on the hood. i dunno that much about it

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

ya, the 582 special had the briggs. How much weight are you pulling? starting at XXX and moving up?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

ya its a water tank on a pallet.. we need to pull it 3 feet to be a good pull.. whoever pulls the most wins

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
that's cool... make a video and put it on your youtube!!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will do! the pull is saturday morning

·
Premium Member
9,900 Posts
Mine, Didn't see the Craftsman as a selection. Turf tires, no weights, on ??? crushed rock drive, close enough to clay. Beat my other mower with ags. :trink40: actually, i win on on either :thThumbsU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-ucxYlzeU

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i'd watch for the wards. alot of wieght in the back to start with. if, its a variable speed hydraulic lift. i bet ther's a hundred+ extra right over the drive axle.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Mine, Didn't see the Craftsman as a selection. Turf tires, no weights, on ??? crushed rock drive, close enough to clay. Beat my other mower with ags. :trink40: actually, i win on on either :thThumbsU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-ucxYlzeU
That just shows what makes the most difference. Weight usually wins, all the machine needs to do is keep the wheel turning, the rest is up to how much traction over the rear wheels.

I don't run tractor pulls, but I found out a long time ago that moving the axle rearward and adding weight over the back wheels or in the tires lets me tow triaxle construction trailers around the yard and move just about any boat I wish with basically a junk Dynamark tractor. It out pulls my large frame Bolens and both John Deere 112 tractors. It's got the least engine torque, least overall weight, but its tendency to lift the front wheels and transfer all it's weight and my weight to the rear wheels lets it get some pretty large loads moving even with small wheels.

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
how much do the drivers weigh?:hide:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im pulling a bolens 1053 right now, second low with ags in 850, 950, and 1050 class with a wisconsin tra10d. On the clay track im in the top three every time. 12 inch hitch hieght and brought out to the outer edges of the rear tires.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts