My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Repair Shop Owner
15 Posts
Heres mine. Its a Massy Ferguson 10 with a K301 12hp I droped in it.
This is a photo of it when i got it home.
I have sence changed the seat and the rear wheels and tires.
Also removed the all the brackets and foot pedel for the attachment drive and the deck hight lever.
I need to get some more photos sense I have been working on it. Ill post more tomarrow.

Attachments

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
A 1982 Murray with 4-speed cast iron tranny. Got to re-wire it then paint it and of course add ags. (I will update the picture when time allows)

tractor1.jpg

tractor43.jpg

tractor44.jpg

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cub Cadet 482 converted to gear drive with a 24hp onan performer with 24/26 MWSC gears and harden top shaft with a custom made axle's and carrier running 26*12*12 carlisle super lugs.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
heres my SS/16 in its pulling gear :fing32:

i have videos here

·
Registered
348 Posts
Doubleclutch will get pictures of the tractor when i can.... got a tractor show this weekend so im gonna be busy all week but i might be able get one some before then.

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Mater Saurus :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
thats a nice ss14.... what exactly have you done to it motor wise?

·
GT Finatic
62 Posts
Well Mine is on my sinature an profile Im still building it but shes about done dont have any recent pics but Ill let you know what Ive done since hope to have some pics once I get the new tires and wheels front and rear on then Im starting on the engine. I started with a Massey ferguson MF8 almost not salvageable completely tore it down to nothing but the frame ditched the 3sp it came with and made mmounts and brackets and fitted up an ayp 6sp (really an 8sp counting reverse) from a 7n model sears gt19.9 it was set back almost 4in form where the original 3sp set. Then I rebuilt the rear of the frame something like a sears with the sloped back. Next cam a straight front axle set forward 3in. Then came completely from scratch fender pan with fenders from a sears ss10 then a 12in grant steering wheel and horn button with billet trim ring next came a custom gas pedal made from an extra MF8 clutch pedal I had. Wanted them to match. The push button start (chrome) and toggel/kill switch to match new ammeter for the stock look A set of wheelie bars with greasable solid steel dumpster wheels front weight bar to give me a 72in length according to NQS,Rules for S/A Autometer 5in Tach with a shift lite. I just bought a set Of 26x12x12 Vogel Manufacturing VM09 Professional Pulling Tires On VM 12x12 4x8 offset polished wheels. Woking on getting a set of polished 6x8in Race Kart wheels to mouunt to the hubs I have and the turf tires I got for the front. With all the movement of the axles Ive got right at a 50in wheel Base im allowed 52in. I am fixing to lock the trans once I finish building my under trans wieght box and under belly bar. Im not allowed any weights past the rear tire so that dont leave much I can do there. Once the trans is done and the tires are on Im gonna repaint it again done did it once. Then build the engine. Its a Kohler K301 gonna be a S/A built to NQS Specs. All internals will be from Vogel all Billet and Steel. Stock stroke, Stainless valves, 340-277 Steel Cam, Large Base Lifters, No Govenor, Billet rod, billet head, Steel Crank, stiffer Valve springs and better retainers. Steel Flywheel with the ring gear. High torque starter Vogel 1.0 Alcohol Carb Holley Black or Blue Pump and Holley regulator. The ignition will be a universal crank trigger from Zkbr Machine with an MSD Pick up and an MSD 6AL Box Msd Plug Wire and for giggles a E3 plug thats Not all but in a nut shell. Just part of it I know Im missing stuff like the exhaust and port and polish aswell as the bearing plate ect. Pics of it are on my profile and in my signature if I have to Ill post some here when I get some up to date one I will for sure Thanks

·
GT Finatic
62 Posts
I am sorry Its not on my sig it was just aint now dont know why there on my profile if you wanna give them a loo over thanks

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
first pic is off my 74 ss 16 and my dad's ss15, then my ss16 in a class we called unlimited. basically make the tractor weigh as much as u want... tractor weighed alittle over a ton... all the green weights are 42lbs the other hang on's are 50 wheel weights about 80. then my dad's ss15 then last is my suburban 12... none of them have had the engines rebuilt not while we've own them anyways the ss16 i bought for $100 with snowblower snowplow wheel weights chains deck and drove it on the trailer

Attachments

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
Massey Puller, when u go to lock that rearend let me know!! I got a good trick how to do that!!! Now I need to get some pics of my pullers!!!! U all got some nice ones! I like Maters most!!

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
This is Tater305's tractor NOT MINE.......This is his 482 thats converted to 3spd gear drive with the big block Onan in it..... and their is a shot of the under side of how the belly weight bar is hooked up....

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
that cub is KILLER. those tires look larger than 26's too (?)

·
Registered
348 Posts
nope just 26's on widened rims....there just set out real wide because of the hubs on the axle so it makes them look bigger on the tractor than what they really are.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Me and my Granpa picked this up today. wheel horse puller with 10hp kholer side shaft, The man Man we bought it from had it on craigslist for $350 but we got it for $250. Id like to pull it in stock classes. 3 speed, hand throttle, came with all weights and bars. Im might give it a new paint job and re-name it from "Rough Draft" to "Home brewed" lol, Heres some pics
I had to take the chrome staight pipe off, it is loud

I like the sticker on the back

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
I hope to restore it and make it a stock puller. its a work in progress

Attachments

1 - 20 of 81 Posts