My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here was the original thread:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=151480

Went to see the machine today, offered the guy 2250$ and he took it no questions asked. So did I get a good deal or buy trouble...

Seems to run like a charm, I drove it up the tilt trailer and held it there to let the xmission heat up then pressed ahead and no hesitation at all, must be about a 30 degree tilt. Full power runs great, coming off to half throttle and the motor runs rough-

The pics below are just the way I got it, the hood is cracked and the plastic bumber is broken off but no structural damage. Seat may be repairable, no tears... It is the liquid 2 cyl, 20 HP kawi, power steering, power lift, weights, blower and chains...

What do yo think?

The hood and bumper are replaceable, with a little touchup on the tractor I should be all set.

I will take the deck off and paint it up but no dings etc. I have 4 acres and not a single blade of grass to mow... :banghead3

I intend to take the blower apart. get it sanded, strightned and painted and I think it too will be a keeper, I want to install and adjuster for the deflector, I am sure I can use one from another model...

thanks for the kind words!

As I got it, complete with all seen here:

the old and the older...

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Re: Pulled the triggeron the 345, seems like a good deal

Looks like you got a keeper :thThumbsU slkpk

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

You did fine you will love this tractor a few hundred in plastic an youre good to go. Check out ebay there are a couple dealers selling new hoods way below retail there is a big mark up on the plastic. Bill

·
Super Moderator
32,665 Posts

Looks like you did real good there! Couple touch ups on the deck, a little straightening on the auger and some touch-ups and fix the hood and bumper! Way better than a box store machine! Just ask rrmccabe!

·
Registered
103 Posts

The 345 are fine tractors you might want to cover that fuse panel by the battery the battery tends to spit acid on them they make a cover for them or you could just make youre own wlth some rubber it will save you money those panels are not cheap.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

Thats a super deal. They are a **** of a good mower, and 300 hours is nothing.

·
Registered
437 Posts

You did just fine. Congrats on your new rig - you're going to love it! If you like to tinker, there's a ton of quick and easy mods like the ones in my .sig below, and all of the stuff rrmccabe (MTF's own 345 accessory guru) has done to add functionality, features and fun. Many of us feel that the 345/GX345 is the best GT Deere has made -- we'll be looking forward to hearing your impressions as well!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

Congrats!!!!!!!!! You got a great deal on a great tractor....(of course we're pretty bias here at 345 land)

Love mine summer and winter. I have a blade and blower. Biggest issue is trying to figure out which one to play with when it snows! The attachments can be changed very quickly on these units.

Good luck and keep us abreast of your endeavors. :thThumbsU
dave

·
Registered
865 Posts

the hood is cracked and the plastic bumber is broken off but no structural damage.
I'd say about 90% of 345's come that way, mine included.

I intend to take the blower apart. get it sanded, strightned and painted and I think it too will be a keeper,
take some pics when you do that, would you?

Looks like one **** of a buy. Congrats.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Looks very nice. Don't forget to check fluids, fuel filter and spark plugs. Thats the first thing I did when I bought my used GX335

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts

Ya done good! :greendr:

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts

Great deal !

You will like it a lot. Nice machine !

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Looks very nice. Don't forget to check fluids, fuel filter and spark plugs. Thats the first thing I did when I bought my used GX335
great suggestion!!!

the fuel filter is full of rubber particles.

I took the rear fender off the clean and the rubber gasket around the uptake tube is "melting"

I beliive this is caused by ethanol laced gasoline.

my dad has been having a lot of problems this year with his boat, it seems that ethanol melts some types of rubber.

looks like the tested it for cars (usually using metsal gas lines) but recreationational and construction vechicles have been having big problems.

I drained the tank (tiny little tank and I am going to replace the fuel lines and filter.

seems a cheap enought fix just to be sure.

and I will need to replace the fuel pickup tube as the rubber gasket is melted, I will try to get a pic but it is black on black an unlikely to show up.

everyone better start checking... in NY our gas is 10% ethanol!

going to start a new thread on this one!

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts

I took the rear fender off the clean and the rubber gasket around the uptake tube is "melting"
Common issue and I dont think its ethanol doing it. Dealers usually keep them in stock. replace both of them while you are there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts