My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out where I should ask this question on pull behind spreaders.
My old 20-year-old agri-fab finally gave out, I'll bet I spread 10 tons of fertilizer with that old spreader. So I went looking for a new one and what I found is not good, most very cheaply made but not cheap.
So my question is what does one buy now. I'm not looking to spend $200 on something that lasts 1-2 years or am I looking to spend $1500 on one either. What you bought lately and how is it holding up.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one can tell me what pull behind spreader they like.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,661 Posts
I like this one, a Gandy drop spreader.

You didn't exactly declare a preference for drop spreader versus broadcast. I am very happy with this drop spreader. It's over 20 years old now, and I've spread seed, fertilizer, and literal tons of pulverized and granular lime. I typically drop a ton of lime per year. This spreader incorporates a removable stainless steel grate at the bottom of the spreader. It pops on and off, lets me do a thorough cleaning job, does not rust, adjusts smoothly.

When I bought it, it was expensive, 20 years ago $300 was a lot of money. But an attachment that takes cleaning and a couple drops of oil every year for over 20 years of flawless service was an investment.

Price has more than doubled since I bought mine, at least the MSRP has. They have other models, most cost even more. Check out their website:

Gandy Drop Spreaders

·
Choke's stuck on!
496 Posts
I have used a $100 model for a couple years. Works fine for my occasional grass seed spreading but for fertilizer many times per year, yeah definitely don't go there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So no one can tell me what pull behind spreader they like.
I had an Agrifab that I used until I was no longer able to reach behind to open/close the feed, torn rotator cup will cure you of ever wanting to use a tow behind anything again. Now I use a 3-point hitch spreader with a remote controller.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts