My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a John Deere 6400 that when you turn the pto on it comes on for about 20 seconds then the light on the dash flashes and it stop and you can flip the switch off then back on and it will come back on for a few seconds I have replaced the pto module and then speed sensor I pulled out the pto solenoid and and the screens were pretty clean I made sure the reluctor ring for the speed sensor wasn’t missing any teeth

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
What do you mean by the pto module? Is that the switch? You need to test the pto solenoid with an ohmmeter. It should have between 8 - 12 ohms. If not in that range, replace it. The solenoid is cause for more problems than any other component. Does pto rpms register on the dash? If not, then you may have a bad wire between speed sensor and controller.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it’s it’s called the pto timer as well it’s a little yellow box beside the fuse box and I will test the solenoid when I get back to work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts