My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have a NH tc40D and the pto has started spinning constantly while the lever is off. With the brush hog attached there was enough resistance so that the blade didn't actually turn but now it does with nothing attached to it.Please tell me I didn't break the pto-I only hit one rock. Honest. Janet

·
Mountain Mike
132 Posts
With nothing attached, have you tried to re-engage the PTO, then back off? If cycling through the controls doesn't do it then the next thing I would look at is the control linkage to make sure it is actually being manipulated enough to turn off the PTO. To do that means you got to get under the tractor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pto turns no matter what-off or on. There is a bolt that is adjustable which pushes down on a spring loaded button when the lever is in the off position. We're going to try adjusting it to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not too familiar with the TC but I think it's like the Case IH 40 hp.We had a Mod a few years back that had us change the PTO stop plate under the top deck.There was not enough meat on the original plate and it would wear off the little material that was there.If this helps,it's been a while since the OP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts