My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just completed fitting a B2650 snow blower to a B2100. Had to make/modify subframe that came with it. Was a different application. Hooked up the PTO shafts and slid the covers over. All works well. Want to disassemble to paint raw steel and fabrication parts. HOW DO YOU GET THE PLASTICK PTO COVERS OFF, TO ACCESS THE PTO YOKE QUICK CONNECT????
thank you.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nert, some of them have a plastic tab that you will need to pry up with something sharp to release them from the shaft collar. Also, some of them have a plastic tab that you will need to depress to release it from the collar.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.The information is helpfull. Armed with your information and some lubrication, i was able to release the plastic cover. Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The snow blower and tractor are now one. Everything works, and snow should feel a little intimidated. I have a question about operation. Apparently this same B2650 snow blower can be rear PTO/3 point mounted, or front, mid PTO mounted, as i have it installed. The rear PTO is called 540 RPM and the mid 2500 RPM. The tachometer has a line for which to run the 540 PTO, (about 2600 RPM). There is no line for the 2500 PTO. My math tells me the mid PTO runs approximately 4.6 times faster than the rear PTO? Wouldn't there be a HUGE snow blower performance difference given the same engine speed? Or do i run the mid PTO for the front mounted snow blower at a slower engine speed. I can not find any books/manuals on the B2650 snow blower. thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you actually engaged the PTO & run the blower at 2500 RPM? Sounds way too fast if it uses the same gearbox as the 3 point version. I had a 3 point blower that I ran at app. 800 RPM (mid speed on my B7100) & it worked well, but I wouldn't dare run it any faster. My 2nd stage had only 3 blades & at 540 RPM would not throw snow very far, worked great at 780.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts