My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How common are these types of attachments anymore? I grabbed one up earlier today that has mount locations top and bottom. Were there preferred equipment items that this attachment was designed to power??

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I don't know about others, but, if it was July I would hook it to this

D7K_1084416x640.jpg

Then I could stay cool and listen to the Gravely run!!

·
Keeper of the Gravelyard
142 Posts
How common are these types of attachments anymore? I grabbed one up earlier today that has mount locations top and bottom. Were there preferred equipment items that this attachment was designed to power??
This is how I use my PTO for cracking corn.

Dallass in L.A.:dancingpa

·
Keeper of the Gravelyard
142 Posts
Here is another use for the Gravely PTO powering a Gravely Water Pump.

Dallass in L.A.:trink39:

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The unit I purchased has singular mounting arms that extend upward and downward - one is significantly shorter that the other. There's a zerk fitting on the unit's casting - which looks identical to a casting that would extend from a 30" drive gearbox. It's a relatively heavy unit - I'll have to try to get some pictures.

·
Keeper of the Gravelyard
142 Posts
The unit I purchased has singular mounting arms that extend upward and downward - one is significantly shorter that the other. There's a zerk fitting on the unit's casting - which looks identical to a casting that would extend from a 30" drive gearbox. It's a relatively heavy unit - I'll have to try to get some pictures.
:wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp:::thanku:

Need to see what it looks like. Doesn't sound like the PTO's I got. I do have a PTO in the shop that has a pulley on it to use a flat belt on instead of a grooved belt like what is hooked up to the water pump & corn cracker.

Dallass in L.A.:fam32:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'd use the "flat belt" style pulley to drive older belt driven farm implements like corn shellers or crackers. I'd love to have one! Even though I don't have any old farm implements to use it on!

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take some snapshots either late tonite or early in the morning - and post them by tomorrow evening sometime.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take some snapshots either late tonite or early in the morning - and post them by tomorrow evening sometime.
Here's a few pics of the PTO/pulley mechanism. It doesn't look like the standard PTO attachment that Gravely sold, so I'm not certain if it was removed from something else - like a pump - or what.

·
Keeper of the Gravelyard
142 Posts
Here's a few pics of the PTO/pulley mechanism. It doesn't look like the standard PTO attachment that Gravely sold, so I'm not certain if it was removed from something else - like a pump - or what.

bluegoose, Thanks for the pictures. Another piece of Gravely information.

Dallass in L.A. :trink39:

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I caught up with the guy I purchased this item from today (along with a few other items), thinking that the pump I observed laying near a fence might've been a Gravely sprayer pump. As it turns out it wasn't - some sort of a hydraulic pump for another piece of equipment. And although the a nearby tank had the right contours to it, it was far too large to have been a true Gravely sprayer unit. This seller had a bunch of Gravely stuff in the day, but ditched most of it years ago and can't recall where the sprayer drive unit came from. So the trail runs cold.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts