My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting a pressure washer and my quest for more HP brought me to my Cub/Yanmar SC2400. I have a mid PTO runs 2100 RPM @ XXX engine RPM. Does anyone have input regarding this http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...3243&item=171033733243&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466
pump mounted to my PTO shaft? besides the funny location that this pump would end up without an extended drive shaft. Am i correct to think that if I can regulate the PTO speed to 1750 max (per the water pump) I will have one **** of a power washer!?!?

What do you think? i figure a 50-100ft hose, a wand, and some odds and ends I could skate through sub $1000 and be able to paint off my neighbors car from my driveway!

Derek

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
You can buy pressure washers all day long for $250-600. Why put time on an expensive tractor motor when you can run the life out of a small one.:dunno:

·
Registered
393 Posts
You can buy pressure washers all day long for $250-600. Why put time on an expensive tractor motor when you can run the life out of a small one.:dunno:
I think you are missing the LARGE picture here sir. No one ever claimed this was economical, or even that efficient. It's neither.

The POINT IS,,, MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think of the sprinkler system you could make, you could send water 300 feet in the air. Remove barnacles off the boat. Remove the flesh from your dreaded next door neighbor, or the paint from his quaint little car.

I say if you have 1k to burn, this is a must have Item. And it would make one heck of a water cannon for when you light those backyard debris fires.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I think you are missing the LARGE picture here sir. No one ever claimed this was economical, or even that efficient. It's neither.

The POINT IS,,, MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think of the sprinkler system you could make, you could send water 300 feet in the air. Remove barnacles off the boat. Remove the flesh from your dreaded next door neighbor, or the paint from his quaint little car.

I say if you have 1k to burn, this is a must have Item. And it would make one heck of a water cannon for when you light those backyard debris fires.
More power ehh???

Well more power on a pressure washer is much like more power on a boat. A boat with a 454 big block will go X miles per hour. If you put two 454's on the same boat, the increase in speed is very minimal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts