My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Deere Ya
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...

I realize this thread may not belong here vs. the Attachment Section of the forum but I prefer to get some opinions from JD owners before posting in that section.

I was interested in picking up a leaf blower that can run off my 3 point hitch utilizing the PTO. I realize there's several manufacturers of this type of gear but noticed John Deere isn't one of them. Curious as to why they don't make one.

2ndly, these things are real pricey...comparable to snowblower attachments for gods sake. I'd be interested in a used one if it was in good shape. Does anyone have any experience with these attachments? Are they worth what they cost? Can a push behind unit with an engine be modified for attaching to the tractor with some fabrication work instead of paying over 3K for a PTO type?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
the pto blowers I've seen take a lot more hp than your machine has. modifying a push blower like a billy goat would be an interesting idea though.

·
I Deere Ya
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, a X728 isn't big enough? Hard to believe they're not designed for large garden tractors. Thanks for the info.

re: the fabrication of a walk behind unit, I was thinking of making a frame that it could sit in on good casters and they hook it up to either the front bumber assembly or the rear somehow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts