My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
back in the day, many implements such as threshers, saw mills, conveyors / elevators, were designed to be run off a wide long belt. that way, all you needed was 1 engine, that could be set-up to run all these implements... engines were expensive back then.....

tractors were designed to have a drive wheel off to one side, or on some instances a coupling was designed to utilize 540PTO to drive the belt. This is what you have here.

No idea what it's worth...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:ditto: that would bolt onto the PTO output at the rear of the tractor with the pulley off to the side. Tractor would then be parked in line with the drive pulley of a stationary implement and a long, wide, heavy belt would transmit the power. I'm betting there aren't many of those out there... a quick ebay search turned up a few similar hits...

Allis Chalmers C CA tractor AC rear pto & belt pulley drive gear box assembly - $188.85

allis chalmers g belt pulley gearbox pto - $325.00

Massey Ferguson Rare Tractor PTO Flat Belt Pulley Unit 85 88 90 135 165 etc - $337.60

Oliver Cletrac OC3 HG Crawler PTO & Belt Pulley Unit - $299.00

Oliver 540 Rear PTO Flat Belt Pulley Super 55 550 RARE Tractor Part Gear Box - $529.60

JOHN DEERE 420 430 TRACTOR PTO BELT PULLEY ASSEMBLY - $475.00

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
I was going to guess anywhere from $100.00 to $400.00 depending on the condition.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
At first I thought it was from a Farmall Cub, but looking at the photos I've seen shows them with a 6-bolt round flange, not a 4-bolt mounting. To get the best value, you need to figure out what brand machine it came off of. Based on the color, I'd guess Farmall, but I can't say for sure. Maybe if you post a question about this up on the big tractor section, you might get a hit.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
These days not many people use the large belt driven machines any more.... so the market is small... unless you find a hobbyist looking for this, it will be tough to get top dollar for it....

however, I see this as a 90-degree, high-HP power coupler.... if you take off the belt hub, or bolt onto it another flange that can then drive whatever else you may need to drive, now we're talking!.... 90-degree high-HP power couplers are not cheap.

cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts