My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have visited this site many times in the recent past, looking to find my new tractor. I finally settled on a '72 economy Power King 2414! I was drawn to it because of it's stout construction and smaller size. I was given a Cub Cadet 70 a couple of years ago and learned the value of gearing! The little cub is now my sons and I needed a slightly larger tractor to do more chores and tasks around the property. lots of implements for these old guys, and because of their reputation for being overbuilt, they are not usually hard to come by.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome kevlarb, nice to have you here with us and congrats on your PK acquisition, enjoy the forums :fing32:.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,302 Posts
Welcome aboard and please post the serial number of the tractor. I always like to make sure of the year because you would be surprised at the amount of people who believe they have a tractor this old when it's actually this old. I just like to set the record straight from the start. A few pics would be nice too.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Thats a nice looking PK and :thanku: for the pic ! , hope you can luck into the part you need somewhere :fing32:.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The serial # is 25138!!! It came frome Upstate NY. Had to drive 8 hrs ea. way to get her home. She came with a land plow, wheel weights, tire chains, grader/snow blade, three point hitch with hydrauilic lift, another set of ag tires for front, and tandem trannys. 14hp kohler engine. I love it! I'm trying to rig up a 60" mower deck but think I have to use a newer mule drive and elec clutch- nobody seems to have the manual front pto clutch linkage.

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
Did you check http://www.powerkingtractorbarn.com/

The serial # is 25138!!! It came frome Upstate NY. Had to drive 8 hrs ea. way to get her home. She came with a land plow, wheel weights, tire chains, grader/snow blade, three point hitch with hydrauilic lift, another set of ag tires for front, and tandem trannys. 14hp kohler engine. I love it! I'm trying to rig up a 60" mower deck but think I have to use a newer mule drive and elec clutch- nobody seems to have the manual front pto clutch linkage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup- they said that they were only farmiliar with the post '74 pk's. No parts there. half the people i talk to say that it is nearly impossible, the other half say that the decks are pretty much intercghangable. but I gotta be able to raise and lower it and turn it on and off. finding all the info/ parts is SLOW going.:lalala:

·
2,302 Posts
Yep, it's a 1974 alright according to the SN. VERY nice tractor and welcome aboard.

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
:thSick: BTW VERY NICE PK-Hope you find what your looking for, would this help? http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr..._nkw=power+king+pto&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Yup- they said that they were only farmiliar with the post '74 pk's. No parts there. half the people i talk to say that it is nearly impossible, the other half say that the decks are pretty much intercghangable. but I gotta be able to raise and lower it and turn it on and off. finding all the info/ parts is SLOW going.:lalala:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your tractor is a 1972 not 1974. I believe 72 was the last year for the short hood style, could be wrong though.
But anyway welcome and very nice machine.:trink39:

·
2,302 Posts
Your tractor is a 1972 not 1974. I believe 72 was the last year for the short hood style, could be wrong though.
But anyway welcome and very nice machine.:trink39:
That will teach me to log on and type these things when I'm tired. I looked it up, saw that it was a 72, got back onto the board and the last thing I saw before I typed my response was the post that has 74 in it. You are correct, it is indeed a 72. The 74s are all long hoods as the transition was done prior to that year. Sorry for the confusion. I gotta learn to proof read more! In my head, my post said 72!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts