My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
X-300
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEMA Equipment out of St. Charles MN called me this morning to notify me my X300 was in need of the current recall. When I recieved the recall notice, I looked at the serial number and I could have sworn mine did not match the listed numbers. I must have read them wrong and I'm greatful they let me know. The service manager called and said he had a truck in my area and they would pick it up and drop it off. So, at 3:45pm, they picked it up, repairing it tomorrow and dropping it off before noon. Nice. I'm thinking I might call my salesman and have him drop off a X749 for me to demo for a month or two, that is, until my wife catches wind of it. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm thinking I might call my salesman and have him drop off a X749 for me to demo for a month or two, that is, until my wife catches wind of it. :thThumbsU
If you do the financing right, it could be quite awhile before she notices, that is if you control the check book....:ROF:ROF:ROF:ROF

·
John Deere 445
295 Posts
You are so bad . . . Wait until I tell your wife how sneaky you're trying to be.

But it must be nice to have a JD dealer looking out for its customers like yours is. Wish I could say the same about my nearest dealer, who has twice as many motorcycles on the floor as he does tractors (and a few of them are going on 2 years old, if that says anything).

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
that is a good dealer, probably one making a small profit to boot!

but understand the dealer gets PAID by Deere to make the repairs, so its in their interest to get them in!

·
Premium Member
8,084 Posts
the dealer gets PAID by Deere to make the repairs, so its in their interest to get them in!
I don't think that Deere pays the dealer for the pick up and delivery though. At least they don't for warranty work. My dealer tried to charge me for pick up and delivery when I had my fuel gauge sender replaced under warranty. I told them I wanted to bring it in and pick it up with my own trailer, but they were sure that the problem was the gauge and not the sender, and so they insisted that they could fix it at my property for no charge. I left the garage unlocked for them and when I arrived home that evening they tractor was gone, so I called and they told me that it wasn't the gauge, so they had to take it back to their shop to tear it apart enough to get to the sender. A few days later it was back in my driveway and everything was working fine. A few days after that I received a bill in the mail for the hauling charges. I called the service manager and reminded him that I wanted to bring it in and pick it up myself, and it was he who insisted that they could fix it at my property, and that I had not authorized them to take it in the first place, and so he finally agreed to not charge me for the pickup and delivery.

Maybe it's different for a recall vs. warranty work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts