My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Thats the BEST kind!..no ropes to pull,or lugging a heavy unbalanced whirring noisy POS around that gives your hands carpal tunnel!..works great on bees and hornets nests too!..:D

I wasted an afternoon trying to get a "free" Weedeater A friend gave up on running..looks brand new,and probably IS,becaue NO one was able to keep it running more than 3 minutes..its fuel lines simply shove into holes in the gas tank,they kept leaking and even popping out while it was running (nice thing to have ,with the tank mounted right above the MUFFLER!)..I ended up heating peices of steel tubing up and shoving then in the tank to make nipples to put the hoses onto,and even then I couldn't get the thing to run on anything but 3/4 "choked",despite the carb looking like new and the diaphrams are perfect..its by far the worst hunk of crap I've seen as far as a weedwhacker goes..too bad,its a straight shaft one too,capeable of using a blade..but the spool FLEW across my yard when I had it running at 4K briefly,so even if I'd gotten it to run good,I could see it was going to be a real PITA to use,so I tossed it in the scrap pile..

Propane would be big an improvement over gas/oil mix,its no more dangerous than having a gasoline tank with two hoses shoved into the bottom, that could pop out and turn YOU into a screaming ball of flaming napalm!..bet it would run good and no oil/gas stinky smell too..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.