My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at driving through a town the other day and the local Lions club was having a cookout with their propane grill outside their hall. I asked one of them where they got the grill and he said that one of the members made it. It was about 5 feet wide on the side by about 4 feet. Both sides had doors that lifted up to get access to the grills. The guy that made it wasn't around to talk to about if he had plans to make another, so I was wondering if you guys know of any plans to make one? They just had it on a trailer bought from Lowes or Home Depot, but it looked pretty professional.

·
Super Moderator
29,552 Posts
i see lots of them here, but always charcoal for the grill/smoker and maybe a fryer or two that are gas. the grill itself is made out of either large pipe or an old 100 up to 500 gallon LP tank. if you are going to cut a LP tank up, FLUSH IT FIRST. i have a buddy that is luck to be alive, he was building one and did not bother to flush the tank, just removed the valve and went to cutting with a torch. it blew up on him and put him in the hospital for a couple months.

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more of a square topped grill rather than an old propane tank. His was almost in the shape of a house. This would be a much smaller scale than a propane tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts