My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get lots of pics of broken Gravely parts, Gravelys' settin' in the garage, Gravelys' riding trailers,

so do you have any pics of your Gravely earning its keep? :dunno:

Here is some pics of my 566 paying its way;

That old sickle mower lays the hay down, real nice! :fing32:

Let us see your "money shots"!! :drunkie:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Great thread!:fing32:

If its HOT where you live you'll enjoy these!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That sure is a pretty pasture and a great looking garden. The soil is very nice and dark. :fing32:

I've got a few. I did some brush hogging with the old Model C a few weeks ago and snapped a few pics. Sorry for the poor quality. They're from a cell phone camera.

IMG_20130513_132830.jpg

IMG_20130513_134438.jpg

IMG_20130513_134610.jpg

IMG_20130513_134622.jpg

IMG_20130513_143229.jpg

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My neighbor had a Gravely walk-behind in the early sixties. I enjoyed watching him work, with all his attachments, especially the sickle bar mower. Apparently, I still enjoy it. Thanks.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
That's a nice looking hayfield there Cadplans. Looks like very pure growth.

Her's a pic to show the hillyness of some of my mowing in Vermont.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments!!

Canary Al, I would bet some 2-4-D would put a smile on your face!!

That is my trick!! :fing32:

·
What did you say ?
582 Posts
ignore this

moved

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where's the Gravely hay rake? For shame. :D
Coincidentally, the rake is Gravely, based! :fing32:

OHHHHHHH,,,,,,,,,, and it rakes real nice!! :bananapow

If it were not a rear axle push, the design would never work!! :duh:

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Great pics :fing32: I like the hay production. We live down the road from a HUGE hay production company but its nice to see it done on a small scale too.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I'm not sure if the Mountaineer will earn its keep or not, and so far the '63 LI with gear reduction wheels is the main Gravely walkbehind that does work. The others are waiting for some TLC. The BCS 852 certainly earns its keep!

Your equines are sure giving your fresh-cut hay "the eye!" :D

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Here's a few of my 5200 doing what it does best.

Blizzard of 2013 cleanup.

Firewood duty.

And one of my favorites...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 1954 walk behind Gravely L 7got two updates to do land clearing.

1 ). A kit to control the PTO from the rear from Richard's Lawn and Garden ( http://www.gravelyparts.com/p/L-Model-Parts-Guide-4315 ) $ 116. You want this if you are using a for any un protected attachment.

2) a 26" saw blade from SHARP TOOL 800-221-5452, , [email protected]- $235- carbide replaceable blades. Paul has ID spacers to bring the saw blade 1" down to 7/16. The blade weights about 25 lbs. A real flywheel.

Take the brush hog attachment and cut off an area from about 10:00 to 2:00 on the top cover of the brush hog-( save the piece to later welding a hinge back on). This will provide enough clearance to cut through small trees and bushes. Works great for anything from 1/4" to 3". Over 3" slow the blade down and defeats the flywheel effect.

·
Premium Member
3,436 Posts
Here's the before-and-after of the 816 "Custom" fixing the sandy area at the back corner of my back yard:

The light-colored mulch at the very back came from the 3 fir tree stumps I ground up a few weeks ago. I will eventually relocate the woodpile, put in a compost bin, and plant some shrubs in the mulched area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought a Gravely Model L, Mod# 99911, I think it is a 1963 according to the #. If anyone knows better send Me a note. It is a strap start & I would like to make it electric start is there a kit I can get for that.
I all so have a ONAN engine that blew, and I am wandering if the starter and start band might fit my Gravely.

All Help or Advise will be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts