My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had an interest in these, and now I finally have one.
Ive spent a lot of time cleaning this thing up since I got it.
Theres just 3 more things to take care of before I would call it good.
Correct shroud, handle re-paint, and id like to see if the bag can clean up.

Have some questions-

I plan to prep and paint the shroud with the krylon fusion paint sunshine yellow.
That is what people have used for the closest match?

The handle I have is in really good shape as far as the yellow grip, but
the rest of it has been painted with what looks like brush paint.
What would you suggest is the closest black paint to match the handle?
Is it supposed to be glossy or flat?

I would really like to try to get the bag to clean up some. Has anyone washed one of these before?
Its in good enough shape so im not too worried about it, but I think with some folex and either
hosing it off or putting it in the wash it could make it look new.

BTW- If anyone wants the mulch-r-catch shroud before I disrespect it and convert it to promo status let me know.
I would just need another early F one in decent shape to rework.
The only reason I would consider reworking this one is because most of the f-shrouds ive come across are pretty beat up,
otherwise of course I would just save this.

Thanks all. Heres some pics-

p5resize.jpg

p4resize.jpg

p3resize.jpg

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice mower! I put one of those yellow promo shrouds on ebay last year and nobody bid so I threw it out! I think I had it starting at like $5 too. Oh well. My mistake.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Just use yellow fusion paint and get new decals for it like echoman did. Would cost you less than $25, and would look great... or good until you found the right shroud.

Did you buy that on ebay?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Clean Mower!!! About washing the bag in a washing machine I wouldn't do it. Well at least in your home washing machine. I made this mistake once and it ruined the inside of the machine. Left about 20 dime size chips in the porcelain drum. Also bent the **** out of the metal rod that is sewn between the material in the opening of the bag.:banghead3 I would use some detergent in a big bucket with some warm water and use the outside hose.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey how comes your M's are buried under everything else?

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Yes, that's the right paint. Worked well for me with a few coats and some clear over the paint and new decals. I'd wait a bit to find a real promo shroud. I found one on ebay justa few weeks after I picked up the mower this past spring. Actually, may have a shot at picking up another decent one too.
The handle paint is a FLAT black also. I've used cleaners like Simple Green to clean bags with. Let it soak in a bucket, then use strong pressure from a garden hose or power washer to clean it thouroughly.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:eek:mg: You guys take such pride in your Lawnboys!! Wow!

That looks great!
Thanks Neal. But believe me I will cut lawn with it thats for sure.

Looks good. Was the deck repainted?
Its been touched up, but at some point I plan to strip it/sand and repaint so it looks even when up close.

Nice mower! I put one of those yellow promo shrouds on ebay last year and nobody bid so I threw it out! I think I had it starting at like $5 too. Oh well. My mistake.
haha your killing me. Seems nothings around when your looking. Quit tossing stuff!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like it better with that Mulch-R-Catch shroud on it.....:hide:
I dont mind it either really. Its not bad. I would just like it to look like how it came.

Just use yellow fusion paint and get new decals for it like echoman did. Would cost you less than $25, and would look great... or good until you found the right shroud.

Did you buy that on ebay?
Yeah ive talked with echo and im planning on talking with his graphics source.
Yeah it did come from ebaybut I feel I got a decent price considering there was one that was listed in way more used shape than mine that went for over 3.

Clean Mower!!! About washing the bag in a washing machine I wouldn't do it. Well at least in your home washing machine. I made this mistake once and it ruined the inside of the machine. Left about 20 dime size chips in the porcelain drum. Also bent the **** out of the metal rod that is sewn between the material in the opening of the bag.:banghead3 I would use some detergent in a big bucket with some warm water and use the outside hose.
Good info. Yeah I wouldnt have used my machine, I was going to be "that guy" that kills the laundermat machines with a horseblanket or some other funk. lol. But I was considering going to the powerwash and clipping it up on the floormat thing and spraying it. I just dont want the graphic to dissapear.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey how comes your M's are buried under everything else?
m's?

Yes, that's the right paint. Worked well for me with a few coats and some clear over the paint and new decals. I'd wait a bit to find a real promo shroud. I found one on ebay justa few weeks after I picked up the mower this past spring. Actually, may have a shot at picking up another decent one too.
The handle paint is a FLAT black also. I've used cleaners like Simple Green to clean bags with. Let it soak in a bucket, then use strong pressure from a garden hose or power washer to clean it thouroughly.
Well im keeping my eyes peeled but not holding my breath. I just dont like the idea of battling others and overpaying for a promo yellowtop thats most likely beat when I can create my own mint one for possibly a fraction of the cost. Unless you can come up with a clean one for me! heh.

Thanks guys for all the intrest.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Yeah it did come from ebaybut I feel I got a decent price considering there was one that was listed in way more used shape than mine that went for over 3.
I didn't even see what it sold for... I just remember seeing it. My dad has an r7070 and they are cool.

·
Banned
864 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey thanks capstan.

I looked this stuff up. Seems to be a booster to use w/ existing detergent.

Did you just use it by itself or mixed w/something else?
Maybe i'll mix a batch with simple green.

·
Banned
864 Posts
DON'T MIX IT
just get the bag wet with worm water and scrub with a nail brush or a spunge
then rince well, and to dry it the best thing to do is put the lawn-boy and
fire er up (if you know what i mean)

hope i was help
cappy (jon)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey thanks!

But ive been calling around to see where I can find worm water and nobody knows what im talking about?
Some are laughing at me and hang up.
Im going to try regular water first.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Hey thanks!

But ive been calling around to see where I can find worm water and nobody knows what im talking about?

Worm water always burns my hands.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hey thanks!

You have to call a bait shop. :ROF

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
:ditto: :sidelaugh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts