My Tractor Forum banner

681 - 698 of 698 Posts

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Extracted the clutch, tranny, tube from the PK today. Tore down one gear reduction out of curiosity. Figured some might also be curious about the "innards" of such things.

eco1.jpg eco2.jpg

The object of desire.

eco3.jpg

Clutch/bell housing.

eco4.jpg eco5.jpg

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Ellis not sure but thought I'd ask, can you replicate the castings too in your shop?
Actually, I could if needed Tim. Won't have to in this case, though. We turn a lot of castings at my business, mostly bronze, some aluminum. We have a foundry in Pa. that does the castings. I do some pattern making in my woodworking shop. When I first started working at the company I heard the then owners talking about the expense of patterns, so I shared that I thought I could do it a lot cheaper. They let me have a chance on a custom hand wheel. It went well, and that's how it started. Having a lathe is essential. Also there's some calculating involved for shrinkage(basically 3/8" for 12") and planning draft for part removal from the sand molds. Few other things involved but can't tell you or you'd start doing it and put me out of business and I got a family to feed and as much as I like you Tim if I don't feed them child services will be at my door. Otherwise I would tell you, hope you understand.

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Actually, I could if needed Tim. Won't have to in this case, though. We turn a lot of castings at my business, mostly bronze, some aluminum. We have a foundry in Pa. that does the castings. I do some pattern making in my woodworking shop. When I first started working at the company I heard the then owners talking about the expense of patterns, so I shared that I thought I could do it a lot cheaper. They let me have a chance on a custom hand wheel. It went well, and that's how it started. Having a lathe is essential. Also there's some calculating involved for shrinkage(basically 3/8" for 12") and planning draft for part removal from the sand molds. Few other things involved but can't tell you or you'd start doing it and put me out of business and I got a family to feed and as much as I like you Tim if I don't feed them child services will be at my door. Otherwise I would tell you, hope you understand.
Now what do I do in retirement next month?

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #689

·
16,324 Posts
Still waiting--two little pic's--just enough to wet someone's appetite.
Sitting patiently/falling asleep....ZZZZZZZZZ

glenn

·
16,324 Posts
May be 'extinuating circumstances' going into the next milenium......:unsure::unsure:

glenn

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #696
I feel like Elon Musk................only poor......and with no friends.

681 - 698 of 698 Posts