My Tractor Forum banner
661 - 680 of 742 Posts
Has anyone seen my flashlight? I lost it a while back, and figured I may of left it here....
//////////////////

Nope--CAT--ain't NO light at the end of this tunnel.......:fam32::fam32::fam32:

Discussion starter · #666 ·
From when driving was a bit more "interactive" and vehicles were given names, Paul.
Well he's back and waxing philosophically about things in the past. Maybe that will soon include what he's doing on the Lo Boy... cause as we all know THAT'S REALLY IN THE PAST! :devilish:
MikeC

BTW: Hey Ellis, see there's an emoji here just for you \ to save you from typing your usual response...:poop:

Discussion starter · #669 ·
BTW: Hey Ellis, see there's an emoji here just for you \ to save you from typing your usual response...:poop:
Yup, VS said they had me in mind when the included it, Mike ??

So, yeah, where were we. Yes, the project stalled about two years ago when I just didn't like the top speed the Speedster would have. Might have something here. Plus, I'm getting the "bug" again.

I'm liking this gear box/clutch/power tube and maybe the transaxle without the gear reductions.

It's a 1953 Country Squire, which is pretty much a badged Economy the way I understand. I got it out of Pennsylvania maybe 10 years ago. It has a lot of issues. Tried to sell it on eBay, CL, Let go, etc.. Couldn't get anything for it. Time to give it new life in another body.

Tractor Vehicle Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery Machine
Vehicle

Stripped down a bit, need to pull the brake wheels so I can remove the reduction gears.
Auto part Machine Vehicle Rust

Tranny didn't work. Someone had tried to fix it. Didn't work out.
Auto part Automotive engine part Machine Metal
Auto part Metal

I managed to get it apart and think I can get it operating again. With some modern components it might even be smoother.
Gun Firearm Trigger Machine Machine tool

Reactions: Cat385B
Well--well--here we are again...
(CAT)_Can u hear me from this far away? Our friend might just might be breathing life again into this project.....Fingers and toes crossed..

glenn

Seeing an Ellis update may be too overwhelming for Cat. I hope he's OK. :)

A gauge cluster like that would be just the thing for the LoBoy. The Squire is making a worthwhile donation. I noticed it's tool box. It might make a nice accessory if you could find a good place to put it. The old speedsters had them, but they were usually mounted somewhere along the running board. Some of the fancier ones had some pinstriping on them.
Are you wanting to gear it for higher, or lower speed?

Hi all. This is Elaine, MikeC's better half. Please don't keep doing this. I'm writing this after Mike was doing his usual forum cruising when he suddenly fell on the floor and is having spasms while moaning "I can't believe it, I can't believe it...." Seeing the subject matter he was reading (this one) I can only assume that Ellis is finally at it again.
ElaineC

Discussion starter · #674 ·
Darned if I do, darned if I don't..............story of my life ?

Hi all. This is Elaine, MikeC's better half. Please don't keep doing this. I'm writing this after Mike was doing his usual forum cruising when he suddenly fell on the floor and is having spasms while moaning "I can't believe it, I can't believe it...." Seeing the subject matter he was reading (this one) I can only assume that Ellis is finally at it again.
ElaineC
Are there no boundaries for you people?

WOW. OK, so we are going a totoly diferent direction.... OK, so here we are.. Im ready, seats buckled up...

OK, so let me get behind the thought process. Are we keeping the LoBoy engine?? Replacing the trans, rear end with the PK one???

Also is the tranny a 3 or 4 speed? If a 3 speed I might have some parts hanging around. Seems the 3 speed was the same Crosley trans that my Breadys used.

So much potential here--but soooo few results......
(Community thinking aloud)...sigh...o_Oo_O

glenn

Reactions: Cat385B
Discussion starter · #680 ·
Glad to see an update Ellis! Can't wait to see what you noodled up now

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Thanks Mikey

WOW. OK, so we are going a totoly diferent direction.... OK, so here we are.. Im ready, seats buckled up...
OK, so let me get behind the thought process. Are we keeping the LoBoy engine?? Replacing the trans, rear end with the PK one???
Also is the tranny a 3 or 4 speed? If a 3 speed I might have some parts hanging around. Seems the 3 speed was the same Crosley trans that my Breadys used.
LoBoy engine. PK clutch, tranny and power tube. Model A rear end.

These changes, and this whole thread just reminded me of the "Full Custom Garage" show, except Ellis doesn't have a bald head, and I don't think he's planning on a bubble top...yet.
I love that guy's show. He knows how to make something from nothing.

So much potential here--but soooo few results......
(Community thinking aloud)...sigh...o_Oo_O

glenn
Just know you will all be in my thoughts the first run I make down the road, my friend ???

661 - 680 of 742 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.