My Tractor Forum banner

641 - 660 of 698 Posts

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
Can't wait to see where you go with this Ellis! .................
Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Well, it is good that you are so young.............better chance that you may live to see it :tango_face_devil:

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
............ so you are actually doing good things for the rest of us.
Yeah. Yeah, that's it......I'm a giver, Larry :thThumbsU

·
10,189 Posts
LOL! No more truthful words ever spoken! I wish you a verrry long life, Mikey.
:sidelaugh: that just gave me a good laugh. Fingers are crossed for a long life myself, and to see progress on this in the mean time ;)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
31,355 Posts
Thanks Paul....I knew you'd understand, lol.

Ok, so here's the $64.99 buck and cents question........what's the best clutch design? Here's an opportunity for collective design. What say ye, oh mighty peanut gallery?????

:
You cant go wrong with a basic single disk dry clutch.. I hear you have a in with a machine shop... :) I would grab the flywheel, and clutch setup from the trans you use. Machine the flywheel to either replace, or add on to the existing engine flywheel, then just make a adapter ring to go between motor, and transmissions bellhousing. As for clutch linkage.. I would grab the whole setup from the doner, and adapt.. be it hydro, cable, or rod... adapt the speedster to use it..

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
My wife just commented the other day that she thought I had more patience lately. I told her it was because of Ellis's build threads. She looked at me kind of funny and said, I don't want to know and walked away.

·
Super Moderator
11,150 Posts
I wonder if C-60 LoBoy engines might been repurposed Continentals? If they were, my next question would be what early small European car might have used the same basic engine. Just off the top of my head, maybe something like an old Renault Dauphine, etc. It would be nice if there were a suitable (lighter, your engine is 1 liter disp.) transmission out there that you could just bolt up to the engine.

I love "armchair" building.:tango_face_smile:

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
I

I love "armchair" building.:tango_face_smile:
Hey Dave, I thought we were talking about the speedster which has nothing to do with furniture building.

Ok, ill stop!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just go get a small shxx box car and put the whole drive line in, rad to rear end. Then adapt the T wheels to whatever you use.

QUOTE=Ingersoll444;12201523] I would grab the flywheel, and clutch setup from the trans you use... I would grab the whole setup from the doner, and adapt.. be it hydro, cable, or rod... adapt the speedster to use it..[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
That is, by far, the nicest way I have ever read someone compliment Ellis on finding his a$$ and this forgotten thread. It almost reads like Larry is talking about something else.

Point for Larry!
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh
Umm, Larry....ever see them signs "PLEASE, don't feed the animals!"?

................Cats apply:thanku:

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
There ain't a bit of work getting done but we sure have dusted off this old thread!

·
Super Moderator
26,661 Posts
Well, I know the story of the infinity stones now due to Hollywood, but didn't realize there was an infinity thread on here for a single build! Dang Ellis we may need Steven Spielberg to do some FX magic to get this thing visualized at least! I believe Don Bailey has a 440 ci engine you can drop in there, clutch and tranny included! Lets speed this up a bit!!

641 - 660 of 698 Posts